Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland Williams
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJUzl0aFHZw[/video]
watched entire 8 mins. Lesson learnt/learned.

Dodging + Counter > Blocking.

Ali was practically skipping the entire round. Gonna start skipping more often.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
I wouldn't say that.

It definitely worked for him, but everyone's different. You have to find the style that suits you. I wouldn't recommend copying his style, not everyone can fight like him. Pure from an orthodox standpoint he does a lot wrong. He drops his hands a lot, which can be very dangerous. He's out of balance a lot (leaning back, left, right, etc), which can get you knocked out fast, someone just has to leap forward and tap you on the chin.
But he got away with it, because of his impressive speed and timing.

But you can be really good with an orthodox style as well, there's plenty of examples. You just gotta find what works for you.
It was twice I get punched in the face while sparring. I must be doing something wrong. doh.

I think he's putting himself "out of balance" deliberately, making him less rigid. I don't get why Cleveland Williams only started being offensive on the third round. Looked like he was begging to be hit in the first two.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Yeah, but that doesn't work for a lot of people. You can always try of course, maybe it works for you.

And Williams didn't want to run into a counter, that's what Ali did. Williams was just too slow and on another level. And he was past his prime too, it wasn't Ali's toughest fight to say the least.
Spartacus, post: 68410, member: 1060 Wrote:watched entire 8 mins. Lesson learnt/learned.

Dodging + Counter > Blocking.

Ali was practically skipping the entire round. Gonna start skipping more often.

I think that's what he calls 'floating.'