Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Apaches wiped out a platoon of taliban forces.
Videolink

looks like a video game, thats how scary it is.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Where do you think video games get their ideas?
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LrOIgxQ--Tc[/video]

Yet to see someone pull this off in real life then.lol.

Anyway, the closest games which replicates that are the Modern Warfare or Battlefield series.

But the impact and consequence of a soldier's actions in a war cannot be compared to a video game. From how casual the guy sounded, I don't think he would have suffered from PTSD compared to actual soldiers fighting at the front.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Damn your gif Spartacus. I'm like "hey that girl is pretty cute" then I'm like "HOLY SHIT WTF"

On a related note, nothing of value was lost in that footage.
[Image: 191457_101.png]
That pic is fucked up indeed Spart.

There's no way to tell whether those guys were Taliban though. Not every guy with a rifle in Afhanistan is a Taliban.
George Of The Jungle, post: 68871, member: 3094 Wrote:There's no way to tell whether those guys were Taliban though. Not every guy with a rifle in Afhanistan is a Taliban.

I would guess that the military had more intel than just the video to go by.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
George Of The Jungle, post: 68871, member: 3094 Wrote:That pic is fucked up indeed Spart.

There's no way to tell whether those guys were Taliban though. Not every guy with a rifle in Afhanistan is a Taliban.
I holding back every ounce of restraint not to flame you right now. Comments like this disappoint me because that is what the public takes away from the video. I guess you could say not every guy with a RPG is Taliban too. FYI Taliban aren't the only enemies we are fighting in Afganistan.

ISAF are on the high ground. Military aged males(MAMs) armed with AK47s and RPG are moving towards there location. They have a flight of Apaches on station in support. The Apaches observe the men fire at the ISAF and begin engaging armed personnel. They properly discriminate targets, observing females and children, and killing the combatants. If you have an AK and you here helicopters laying waste you probably won't run outside. This war has been going on for over 10years, they know we can see them at night.

In case you do not know that the radio transmissions are at least three networks. The internal commo, the flights commo, and the ground unit's commo. If you listen to the ground team declaring a TIC -Troops in Contact. That means those guys with weapons are shooting at the friendly ground forces. The pilots do not sound disconnected, they sound professional. They probably fly everyday responding to TICs to give support. The only difference then on the ground would be a person might be out of breathe or talking faster if they have been running or round are impacting on them. Notice the ground commander is clear, calm and concise in his transmission and he is seeing all these dudes with weapons trying to maneuver on his location. The MAMs they are hunting down and killing one by one just tried to kill friendly forces. They didn't know there were helicopters on station because the initial engagement was done almost 2km out. Most of the time the bad guys ambush and run because they know the response time of our aviation. At the end of the transmission u here another flight en route to relieve that crew and they are 50 minutes away.

Good hunting, good kills. Too bad the first flight went black on ammo and weren't 30mm heavy.
Nothing too spectacular about that video but I do wish there was more military engagement footage released to the public, it's really interesting to see exactly how things play out in real life.
I didn't say they were not belligerent/insurgents. I said they could be something else than Taliban. And yes, not everyone the US/NATO is fighting is a Taliban, that's just why I said it. If you just watch the news or listen to NATO politicians/generals in the media, you get that impression though. It doesn't fit their program as well when they're saying they're also fighting people who resist the foreign occupation of their country.

This is not a value statement, I just don't sense a lot of nuance when I hear/read about this stuff. Every fighting Afghan seems to be a Taliban or a member of al-Qaeda.
Tea, you might want to try properly reading things that people say before you start misrepresenting their views and criticizing the misrepresentation which you yourself created.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi