Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  admin abuse?
Ok so I get it be nice, I went over my ban thread a bunch and I still dont see how I was being disrespecfull, http://war-lords.net/threads/velonz-bane...post-71214. But apperently I was, So ok Im told to change my post in edit or get further banned. Alright I go to do that, but seems I cant cause someone took away my edit power. Now im banned for a week and had nothing I could do about it.
[Image: stopfume.gif]
Well claimed he was abusing his admin powers when you were smoking the halls or something.. no admin bans people right away, i think he warned you about spamming smokes.. you came on the thread pretty aggressive it seems like :eek:
[Image: JAFxq.png]
[Image: like-a-boss-tina-png.1491]
[Image: Chuck-Norris-snipes-kittens.gif?]
Taking kitties out one at a time.
It took a week ban to open your eyes. I had discussed extending your ban with a root administrator and there were no objections. 1. You didn't follow guidelines in posting your ban appeal. 2. Calling the admin who banned you names/abuser in your appeal leaves you open for longer ban.

By following your links I see you haven't even edited your comments.
Ban for ignoring admin's warning is valid. Ban for a week in game for calling admin "abuser" on forums and not providing all nessesary information is invalid. However, if moderators cleaned his thread and there was more to it, disregard my statement in the second sentence.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Not only did you not follow the appeal guidelines, but also you started your appeal in a confrontational manner. You do not come in asking for an unban by dispassionately insisting that the banning admin is an abuser and that he's using hearsay to hide his tracks when in fact the other person present is a credible member of our community who was a witness. Acting like you are defiant of authority does not help your case either. I'll say you should be banned for 3 days at the very least but since a root admin apparently approved a 1 week ban, that works too.
[Image: 191457_101.png]
Mr.Tea, post: 71374, member: 1006 Wrote:It took a week ban to open your eyes. I had discussed extending your ban with a root administrator and there were no objections. 1. You didn't follow guidelines in posting your ban appeal. 2. Calling the admin who banned you names/abuser in your appeal leaves you open for longer ban.

By following your links I see you haven't even edited your comments.

Ok Im sorry I was drunk and upset, im good, banned for week, got it. But like I said up top (for Mr Tea), I can no longer edit my posts over there im locked out. please dont extend ban no more cause I no longer have control over there. Thank you for your time.
[Image: stopfume.gif]
Extended from one day to a week for being confrontational and calling Mr Tea an "abuser"? Seriously? That's genuinely laughable. Tea, what's your response to him saying that he was picking up smokes from the ground?
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
silly, post: 71401, member: 2152 Wrote:Extended from one day to a week for being confrontational and calling Mr Tea an "abuser"? Seriously? That's genuinely laughable. Tea, what's your response to him saying that he was picking up smokes from the ground?
Silly are you an admin? Were you there? Why are you posting here?

I'll respond so the "what if" speculation game stops. This is pretty clear cut. The thing that is missed from this post is that when we were in-game I warned him the 1st on the microphone not to spam smokes or intentionally smoke teammates, i.e. buy smoke throw, rebuy throw. I then watched him a few rounds later buy a nade throw it the middle, come back to spawn *rebuy sound* buy a nade throw it in T swpn, *rebuy sound* and then jump right next to me on the desk in t spwn and smoke me. Reinforced with him mocking me on the microphone. I really wish I had been recording a demo, as I usually do, but I have been forgetting to hit stop lately resulting in 30 gigs of demo files.

I was okay with a 1-day ban, but then if u continued to antagonize in your appeal: http://war-lords.net/threads/velonz-baned.8231/
Quote:Hi you guys have a abuser "Mr tea" banned me cause he is a abuser of his power, he said something about me smoking and when i smoked again he banned me wow really didnt know this server was that petty and banned people for using things the game provides
and continue to, assuming still drunk, spout off at me. Tiffany commented "You were warned to stop smoking teammates. And you persisted. Then you insulted him."

I gave you a short-timed opportunity to fix your mistakes in the appeal twice. You posted 3 times after my first prompt and didn't get back online in my second plead at that time the thread was locked. The second time because I was giving you a chance to change your posts and overlook the statements, while I was waiting for a Root to respond to my question of "Do you mind if I extend this guys 1-day ban to 1-week because he is trolling me in his ban appeal?" I also recommended that you do an admin abuse thread if you think I am abusing my admin.

Dr. Ruplayer, post: 71391, member: 9168 Wrote:Ban for ignoring admin's warning is valid. Ban for a week in game for calling admin "abuser" on forums and not providing all nessesary information is invalid. However, if moderators cleaned his thread and there was more to it, disregard my statement in the second sentence.
1-day Ban for smoke spamming. 1-week for ignoring posting guidelines: http://war-lords.net/threads/read-before...lines.838/ specifically: Do not be provocative, disrespectful, or abusive. Failure to comply with forum rules shall result in your forum access being suspended. Any existing bans shall also have their duration lengthened. Too often people come in here all cock-diesel and forget that your ban can be extended by how you appeal. Again I asked permission to extend it. I cannot lock or edit threads nor do I see any messages missing. I asked for the extension primarily because a) you didn't follow format b) ignored message to follow format and not be rude c) continue to be rude

If you can somehow tell me how starting a ban appeal with Mr. Tea banned me cause he is a abuser of his power isn't provocative or disrespectful I would understand not lengthening the ban. Then when I tell him why I banned him and not to be provocative, disrespectful, or abusive and perhaps follow the ban appeal guidelines I get: what ever you say mr power abuser

Hmmm...Disrespectful and provocative. Hence my request to a Root to get permission to extend to a 1-week and viola.

All he had to do was:
Quote:Name: Velonz
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:10997888
Server: 24/7 Office

I was throwing smokes so I could knife. I was drunk and ignored the admin telling me not to spam multiple smokes at the start of round (to include one at him).

I would have responded with:
Quote:I banned you for smoke spamming. You threw 3 smokes to include one on me after me warning u not to spam.

You have a 1-day Ban. I would suggest wait it out. If you smoke spam again the next ban will be longer.

Have a great day!

and if a ROOT or someone saw a problem with what I did , I would correct it. Either way you would be playing now.

velonz, post: 71397, member: 15020 Wrote:Ok Im sorry I was drunk and upset, im good, banned for week, got it. But like I said up top (for Mr Tea), I can no longer edit my posts over there im locked out. please dont extend ban no more cause I no longer have control over there. Thank you for your time.
I would have been more inclined to reduce the ban with something like this, but due to the nature of this being an admin abuse thread, if the choice is up to me keep the ban I will let it sit. You were drunk and probably remember what u said into your microphone at me. I certainly do. Do you deny jumping up on the counter and throwing a smoke grenade at me?

I hope next time you listen to the admin and/or type record in console if you believe abuse is taking place.
Closed