Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Up Radio Station
So today, as I was listening to my favourite music, Dubstep in my mom's car.
And then an idea scintillated in my head.

"I should put up a Dubstep radio station"

since there is no Dubstep/Electro/House/Dnb/Trance/Hardstyle dedicated-radio station (you know, any type of music that is instrunmental) in Vancouver, I really wanted to set this Radio station up.

but on the second thought, I could never do that.

I would need a massive Budget to set up my own radio station that would cover Vancouver Metrocity's land area. I would need a mega large bandwidth, set up lots of contracts with music artists, and city counsel as well.

i would also need a lot of biz partnership as well.

Sponsorship is not a question. I need it.
advertisement? necessity.

I suddenly felt powerless. I felt that i could never achieve anything like that.

I'm only 16 this year. I don't have a job. I don't have millionaire parents.

but what i know is, business is all about timing, and niche marketing.
you miss the timing, you dont earn money.

and right now, 2012, where almost every teenagers know what Dubstep and Electro is, there isn't any Radio station that broadcasts those type of music in Vancouver.
and I want to make a Radio station dedicated to these music. BUT, in 5 years, when i could possibly have budget, i assume that somebody already has made a radio station like that.

so... someone encourage me?
i feel really powerless... Sad
btw, im listening to the music mix as i am writing.
you should check it out if you are interested in Dubstep/Drumstep/DnB/Trance/Electro/House: [video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoJg0wPp8vM[/video]

p.s. sorry for bad grammar.
You could setup an online radio station. A friend of mine DJ's on a couple of websites, and they can get pretty big. It would be a lot cheaper, all you would have to do is pay for the web hosting and make it so the DJ's that volunteer can stream from their equipment onto the site.
[Image: sigix.png]
Don't ever feel that since you're starting with nothing you will never get there, the most successful people have come from nothing or close to it. The experience and struggles early on help make you more dynamic and adaptable. Be patient, great ideas will keep coming; at this stage of your life just learn how to be creative and open minded so that when any opportunity arises you can capitalize.

You probably could make your own online radio station, although the online market is way more competitive so getting it started is usually pretty rough. You have to advertise hard early on, but if you play good music and have a nice website people will start spreading the word on their own. Good luck sir.
walrus, post: 71688, member: 14868 Wrote:Don't ever feel that since you're starting with nothing you will never get there, the most successful people have come from nothing or close to it. The experience and struggles early on help make you more dynamic and adaptable. Be patient, great ideas will keep coming; at this stage of your life just learn how to be creative and open minded so that when any opportunity arises you can capitalize.

You probably could make your own online radio station, although the online market is way more competitive so getting it started is usually pretty rough. You have to advertise hard early on, but if you play good music and have a nice website people will start spreading the word on their own. Good luck sir.

i agree with walrus. And btw walrus, is ur name a combination of wal-mart and toys r us? XD
[Image: FinalFantasySigSHARPEN.png]
[SourceBans] ADMIN: Banned player "Riser" for 10 minutes (reason: for being riser).
^:truestory: ask Him SO FUNNEH
For Your Own Personal Signature:
http://war-lords.net/threads/signatures-...body.8509/
Lol no just the arctic animal that eats fish and polar bears.
Dr. gkovr, post: 71656, member: 14911 Wrote:You could setup an online radio station. A friend of mine DJ's on a couple of websites, and they can get pretty big. It would be a lot cheaper, all you would have to do is pay for the web hosting and make it so the DJ's that volunteer can stream from their equipment onto the site.
Be careful with this. I used to shoutcast / online DJ, and a lot of places got shut down because we didn't have the proper licensing for the songs we were playing. Playing the well-known one's not covered or given to the public for free use means that if you're streaming the song, you need to pay for it.

It's also why websites like FratStars and FratMusic were forced to change the way they played their music.

Their way of making a playlist that others could listen to on their leisure is the best way for you to go.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Tiffany <3, post: 71690, member: 14826' Wrote:i agree with walrus. And btw walrus, is ur name a combination of wal-mart and toys r us? XD
Lol

walrus, post: 71693, member: 14868 Wrote:Lol no just the arctic animal that eats fish and polar bears.
It's usually the other way round though, walrusses are rarely able to kill polar bears.
George Of The Jungle, post: 71697, member: 3094 Wrote:Lol

It's usually the other way round though, walrusses are rarely able to kill polar bears.

true that.
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_oD1IsYbE[/video]
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Thx guys. However, I do not want online radio station... Sad

what i wanted was a FM radio. Rarely anyone has internet excess on the car (not phone, remember.)
So Yuuki, your finally deciding between being an office desk jockey and being a radio host. Lol Anyway, how err good is your voice? like On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best. Thats probably the first thing u need in any kind of radio station, a person with a good voice, ppl dont want to here some high pitch 12 year old announcing or some nasal voiced adult now do they?
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6