Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Red PC Build Complete!
I finished my PC! Works like a dream - my first couple of start-ups are averaging around 12 seconds from the windows load screen to a usable desktop (the windows logo doesn't even have time to form before it loads).

[Image: sf1rZ.jpg]

So it so happens that the motherboard was not the issue. In fact, nothing was. My dumb ass didn't realize that along with the 24-pin connector from the PSU that plugs into the mobo, I had an additional 8-pin connector that I had to connect to give it enough power. This coming after I RMA'ed my first mobo quickly after panicking. So lesson learned - be patient, troubleshoot well and thoroughly, also don't overreact. I jumped to the worst possible conclusion off the bat when it didn't start when something as simple as an unconnected cable could have had me playing on my baby 3 day ago. Good learning experience though!

Thanks for the help everyone gave me in building / troubleshooting. Much <3
[Image: 88503_201.png]
[Image: 382_1002.png]
Awesome! Looks sick Big Grin.

What are the specs again?

How many fps do you get?
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
I get about 200 FPS in CS: GO. Wow! That's about 120 more than I got in CS:S in 800x600 resolution on my laptop. I'm freakin happy Smile

Edit: the 200 FPS is not in a very intense firefight, I'm sure it'll drop to 150 when I spam the negev.

Edit 2: Was playing on WL deathmatch server and I had around 250 fps, it keeps getting better Smile

Specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Gunmetal/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 600W ATX12V Power Supply

I have a 500 gb external hdd and a 320 gbb internal hdd along with a CD/DVD drive inside.
Gorgeous build. Love your choice of parts.
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
Fuzzy Izzie, post: 73126, member: 9457 Wrote:Gorgeous build. Love your choice of parts.
Thank you my man!
Nice
Ahh I hate when I find out that it's something simple like that, makes me wanna pull my hair out.. but it looks great dude.
[Image: sigix.png]