Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a thought....
Well, i've been here long enough to at least reveal a few things about myself that most people here don't know.
Im 18, live in San Francisco........(wait you all know these)....

I actually am the way i am on the internet, in real life, i don't necessarily hate everyone but the first insult i get from someone generally leads to a confrontation, i don't care from who, i take things seriously and hate sarcasm and jokes in general. I don't kowtow or ingratiate myself to anyone, and openly bluntly criticize people including people who are my friends, especially because people who really are my friends like hearing the truth versus someone trying to be nice about criticizing you. I am well prepared to live my life as an island(the old saying No man is an island) and have utter contempt for most of humankind and self criticize myself and point out my own faults when someone criticizes me as long as they are being civil about it.
Religiously i have no "faith" but im no atheist , God's there, somewhere, but what makes you think he wants to talk to you LOL! is how i see it.
If you've heard me speak over the mic in the popular maps 2 you'd know im white.Normally face to face whenever i tell someone my father is Chinese it either shocks them, or they believe he's some kind of nerdy tech company worker. I define myself as American, and have heard ignorant white and Chinese people in the past ask either myself or my dad the question "Is he adopted?".
I speak read and write Chinese and English very well, at least according to qualified people like my Chinese Language teachers, the Language dept Chairperson at City College SF; and my English teachers in high schools, who all had masters degrees in the language.
First off, yall can believe it, or not believe it, its up to you, react whatever way you will.
Two, this is my overarching thought of Humans and of myself.
I think Humans as an overall collective, suck, individual people can be nice or mean, but when humans are defined as a collective, they all including myself SUCK! We like to blame the next guy for our problems, never own up to when we cheat our wives or girlfriends out of things, or for that matter use our friends to suit are own means. We like to grovel and ingratiate ourselves to a higher authority because we are scared of " Losing a job", we are scared of retribution by people who scarcely ever execute it, to quote The Prince by Machievelli " Men take revenge for slight injuries, for large ones, they cannot". Yet when someone comes to work with an AK and shoots up the place or someone who gets bullied brings guns and kills 30 innocent people, we're shocked. Its like gee, why did you pick on the guy, why couldn't you just be nice to him. Theres more that i could fill a 150 page notebook with(well i already did kinda.)
Yes im an asshole, yes i detest mostly everyone least i have the balls to admit it, and than besides which be honest with myself and know, thats exactly who I am. Iv'e made teachers quiver at losing their jobs, iv'e bad mouthed "educated" degree wielding ppl because they don't know the meaning of etiquette or how to greet someone nicely, rather than sneering at them and insulting them the first thing. I don't respond unless addressed, and keep to myself about detesting some ppl who though i would openly like to insult because i know they arent worth that grace.
I believe the word hypocrite can only be applied to someone who is ignorant of their own criticisms as also defining themselves, i think Humans as a collective (not individuals mind you) suck therefore, i suck too cuz no matter how its defined i'm a human too.
I dont believe in Facebook, and think Mark Doucheberg inadvertently created the biggest database to find anyone you want in the entire world, that anyone can access. I refuse to be part of any "social network" instead relegating myself to anonymous forums like this around things i enjoy, CSS, The Three Kingdoms, M2TW.
I like to believe people over the internet are not the same as if you met them in real life, i like to believe that every member here is in reality a nice pleasant person who i could sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and a pastry with.
I once thought of inviting all my friends from CS over to SF for dinner at my house, but i dont have the plane fare to make it happen!
I have a royal disregard for what people think of me anywhere, and there are only select few who i won't mention whose life criticisms and criticisms in general that i respect. Rather than wanting to that new iphone like the next guy, i want to serve my country for 30 years as a Military Officer, of which i have serious doubts of ever getting to despite my applications to that career, which i won't detail further.
To reiterate, think what you will, i don't care too much, im honest with myself, and being honest here as well, you dont like it thats your problem.
Yes, im an asshole, yes i troll and have trolled people, yes i whine complain and bitch about things, and criticize people heavily,but im certainly no beggar and wont go asking for anyone's forgiveness either, both here and out there in the real world. I believe in putting the past aside and looking forward, using History as a reference and a example of what not to do again, but not as something to repeat or admire and try to emulate.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
don't be rustled by insults ("the first insult i get from someone generally leads to a confrontation"), I thought you had a "royal disregard for what people think of you anywhere" ?

I think you're way too cynical about people man, you say that humans as a collective suck, but then only provide examples of individual people doing bad things. You admit that you're "an asshole" and "detest mostly everyone", so I think that your preconception of people in general makes it hard for you to appreciate most people you meet.

I had a phase in freshman year of highschool when I detested everything and everyone around me, looking for flaws everywhere and finding them, complaining about my situation, but I was really more selfish than anyone else, I couldn't appreciate the people who loved me and I didnt do anything at school, causing stress to my mother whom I wouldn't talk to about the emotions that I was having. And you know what happened then ? My friends started to reject me because I was constantly an asshole. I had the exact same method of justification that you described, that I was just being completely honest with everyone and that I wasnt holding any of my feelings back. I can't tell you how much I regret that period of my life and how much I have also learned from it.

You're gonna have to learn to not be so cynical and realize that this is the world that we live in, there are as many incredibly compassionate and amazing people out there as there are selfish opportunist bastards, that every day fortunate events happen to evil men and unfortunate events happen to good men, that there are large scale problems on our planet that EVERYONE wants to solve but can't, that people whom are power hungry and abusive with power are the most likely to attempt obtaining it at any means, that everyone has an ego and is inherently self-absorbed and that you don't know anything about the world and neither do I.

read Candide by Voltaire
We are all assholes at sometimes, but you just need to realize it and accept it. And that's what you did. I don't like to call people stupid because im stupid at times, what i do is just to make that person feel better and make him/her forget about it. Good luck with your dream im aware that is not going to be a easy road, but if you want to accomplish it then go for it and try as hard as you could to reach it.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]
Most people iv'e ever met have disappointed me dude, its just common fact. If u ever wonder why when someone makes a " Your mom" joke to me, and my reply is always "my mom is dead bro" its cause she's one of those people that was really disappointing. Its not just her either, its the little things ya know, the little tiny everyday courtesies that people take for granted that give me this outlook.
Nice Intellectual response Cedeeoo thank u bro.
I disregard what they Think not what they say , ive always probed people based on how they look at me, and how they talk around me, and normally i know exactly what they are thinking, its called learning body language, the internet lacks this quality, therefore i pay attention to what people say mainly here.
Lemme explain, its like i get on the bus coming back from class today, a tourist who is totally lost is asking me for directions to SF's Chinatown, a common happening in SF right. So i give her directions, tell her to get off at the same stop as me and catch this bus and then get off here and transfer to the trolley, the usual kind of directions. So were at the stop and she goes in her broken english, "oh we'll just take that train right there" and her and her friend leave and i didn't react they didnt say thank you, and im thinking to myself. Gee if You know so much about where you're going in this city why did you ask directions, and its that simple, no thank you, and not even asking "oh, will that train there take us to Powell St"(where u have to get off to get to Chinatown)that little bit of courtesy that makes me just dislike ppl.
Another example, im between classes on campus doing my homework outside my next class. A lady(old white lady to specific) walks past me, and rather than saying a courteous statement, or even asking a question, she looks at the homework im doing and says " Been there Done that". Immeadiately i just blanch to myself and look up at her, and like i normally am, i try to be civil and in the end i tell here very nicely that i was offended by her comment and i kindly asked her to leave.
Two examples, i have more, just dont wanna type anymore. When the common man just asks for a little tiny bit of courtesy he doesn't get any, why? Did people never learn what it means to have a little etiquette and say something nice or thanking someone when they do u a favor? This is why i'm a genuine asshole to mostly everyone, now if you start off as friendly to me, i reciprocate, but to basically everyone whose ever done something that gets on my nerves when they meet me(its different if ive know the guy for a while) i almost immediately don't like them. Or for that matter people who consistently get on my nerves and don't know when to stop, like my stupid no-englishy chinese teachers!! Literally she corrected my English in Chinese class, a language she can't even speak half decent, and she corrects it; and than tells me my style of Grammar in Chinese is bad, im like, Ive only learned to write chinese that way since i was 4!! you dumb bitch!! To quote myself,
Lieutenant Josh, post: 78275, member: 946 Wrote:I like to believe people over the internet are not the same as if you met them in real life, i like to believe that every member here is in reality a nice pleasant person who i could sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and a pastry with.
I whole-heartedly believe this about the members of this forum, from the ones that don't like me, to the ones i may not like so much either.

Its not like the first thing i do to everyone i meet is be an asshole, and i shoulda been more specific. Im an asshole in the sense of, if you are intolerable in someway to me for a long period of time im gonna make it known to u that u are what u are, i try to tolerate people, and i do, normally when i'd like to burst out in public, or make a snide comment about something, i stop myself. Yet you know what, if people were honest, good, or just plain minutely courteous the little things you know. Than i'd have no reason to even think in my head that so and so is an asshole, or i don't like this guy, or this person is being arrogant. If people were good, if they were nice, than i'd never even think when someone talks to me that they're trying to be prying or arrogate themselves. If people could just walk down the street without staring at a tall Happa Asian boy and his pops(mind u asians and white ppl alike) i wouldn't have this judgement of humans as a collective. I'd like it proven to me that as a collective humans can be courteous, without arrogance, without hate(and yes i hate too, we all have at points otherwise you aren't living in reality) that they could criticize for productive reasons rather than try to deface people, that they could work for a common goal without calling one of them more right. That they can...well the list is looong. I have only met people in An Individual circumstances, where they have managed to be good people, and even this only happens with people who i call my friends and family. I think persons as an Individuals should be good depending on who they see themselves, but that the collective of humans always follows the path of least resistance,they like to ignore history, ignore the lessons that are there to be learned. They like to continue to act like they did 100 years ago towards race, America calls itself multicultural but some groups of people still have the nerve to say " Obama Bin Laden" they still have that hate for someone who never on his own accord did anything to you to call for such a racist insult but be black. If u injure me , i injure you, God likes to be left things to do, but he's also thinking "hey don't make me do everything". This stems from a line in i forget i think the Koran, which reads, basically that if u let people injure u and u do nothing in reaction to it, that God will handle it in his own little karmic kind of way. I simply don't understand it, i tolerate the daily transgressions people make, but it sure doesn't help influence my opinion of the collective.
I came to another conclusion thru this, That Most people do not change. The only people that change are those who constantly do change, who can drop one thing and pick up another without preference, who can constantly consistently reinvent and change themselves little by little. Like the baseball player who could drop his ball and go and volunteer for his country during World War 2, like Pat Tillman, who eventhough a premier athlete still went and served a higher cause cuz he was American. Sorry for the Patriotic type reference, but i rarely ever today see anyone going into the military do it for their country, normally i hear" I can pay for my college if i get the GI bill" or "i have a college degree ill go be an officer and earn good money". How can someone take so noble a cause and use it to their own ends in such a usery way??
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6