Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Affinity in gaming.
I'm one of the 3 who still runs on Dual Core processors. But usually every time I run a game, I have to Alt + Tab out and then Ctrl + Alt + Del and right click the process in task manager, and turn one of my cores off for the .exe im running. I guess most games cant handle more than one core on without lag. I'm tired of doing this every time I run a game. Anyone know a solution for this?

[Image: tumblr_mf1umwFOnm1r4eysco1_500.gif]
buy a new pc.
[Image: 519966_101.png]
[Image: 541034_101.png]
you are out, dual core sucks, me six core.
I use Intel Pentium Dual E2200 and I don't even need to set affinity to high because the game runs just fine.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
Geez XP much? No i actually think XP is more efficent.
Aren't the minimum specs for CSS pretty low? I run the game at like 90% of the highest it could possibly run, pretty much any game before 2010 works well on my computer Medieval2 total war for instance, its these forced high graphics games like Shogun 2 that i can't run, i mean i can run them, but they look like shit at the settings i can run them efficently on. My comp is dual core i believe, has nice really high processor speed though, could do with more RAM, though i have 2.75 of 3 GB useable. Just run the game at lower graphics platform.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Lieutenant Josh, post: 80532, member: 946 Wrote:Geez XP much? No i actually think XP is more efficent.
Aren't the minimum specs for CSS pretty low? I run the game at like 90% of the highest it could possibly run, pretty much any game before 2010 works well on my computer Medieval2 total war for instance, its these forced high graphics games like Shogun 2 that i can't run, i mean i can run them, but they look like shit at the settings i can run them efficently on. My comp is dual core i believe, has nice really high processor speed though, could do with more RAM, though i have 2.75 of 3 GB useable. Just run the game at lower graphics platform.
It's not a graphic problem. It didn't do this when i had Vista. Never needed to turn a core off. It was when i downgraded back to xp.

[Image: tumblr_mf1umwFOnm1r4eysco1_500.gif]
Get a job you meager hyena.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]