Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sprays won't work
Hi. I haven't played for a while. I installed the latest update and when I got on the server I noticed my custom spray (a gif) would no longer appear. The spraying sound still plays though.
I tried making my own server to see if it was a new WL thing, but it still didn't work. I changed my spray from my awesome gif to a plain jpg, still didn't work.
I saw another thread about sprays not working and someone mentioned cl_playerspraysdisable 0 or 1 whatever it was, I tried toggling and it didn't help. What's the deal? Latest update ruin sprays?
are you using any kind of exec files?
[Image: 25aln6e.png]
[Image: 573128_101.png][Image: C9IwSBFwckuse9sDBhiOzQ2.gif]
No I'm not using anything. Even after a fresh restart with nothing running but CSS, I get spray sound but it doesn't show.

Edit; Apparently I can't see any sprays. When I look at where I spray it says 'sprayed by schlacko 0:28734234' or whatever the number is, and I see similar when I look at where someone else has sprayed, though I can't see the image.
I'm pretty sure others can see my spray, someone was staring at the spot I sprayed once... but I asked if he could see it and he didn't respond. I asked several times if anyone could see my spray and no one acknowledged me =(
If others can see your spray, then it can't be Bison's hax that disabled it.

Do/did you have a costum autoconfig?

My previous autoconfig disabled sprays (without me knowing) and even when I deleted the autoconfig, sprays stayed disabled. I googled around for commands that disabled sprays and eventually fixed it like that. I can't remember them though, but they're out there.

Throw this in there, and see what it does:

r_spray_lifetime "1"

r_decals "4000"
mp_decals "4000"
r_decal_cullsize "0"
r_drawmodeldecals "1"
r_decalstaticprops "1"
r_drawbatchdecals "1"
r_maxmodeldecal "4000"

Mo commands, mo better.
George Of The Jungle, post: 83334, member: 3094 Wrote:r_spray_lifetime "1"
r_decals "4000"
mp_decals "4000"
r_decal_cullsize "0"
r_drawmodeldecals "1"
r_decalstaticprops "1"
r_drawbatchdecals "1"
r_maxmodeldecal "4000"
One (or more) of those did it, I can see my spray, sort of. It should be an animated gif but it's coming out as a still image. It's a vtf I made from a gif I found on the net, it's only 12 frames and 105 kb... and it seems a little grainier than it ought to...
I don't have a custom config, I've barely changed files at all...just spray stuff and an m3 model.

I seem to have fixed it. Still no idea why the patch changed the settings that allowed it to work... thanks.