Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Games (PC) First Quarter
Compiled a list of the games I am highly anticipating for release the first quarter of 2013!
Full list can be found: http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/pc
[Image: Resident-Evil-6_PCDLboxart_160h.jpg]
Resident Evil 6 PC
Action , Adventure - Capcom's premier survival horror franchise spills loose again with this globe-spanning sixth entry in the Resident...
March 22, 2013
[Image: Starcraft-II_LOGOVERSION_RPboxart_160h.jpg]
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm PC
Strategy - Divided into three chapters, this is the long-awaited return of Blizzard's RTS franchise, StarCraft.
March 12, 2013
[Image: CRYS3pcPFTfront1boxart_160h.jpg]
Crysis 3 PC
Shooter - The hunted becomes the hunter in the CryEngine-powered open-world shooter Crysis 3! Fight in the New York 'Liberty...
February 19, 2013
[Image: dead_space3_pcrpboxart_160h.jpg]
Dead Space 3 PC
Action , Adventure - Dead Space 3 brings Isaac Clarke and merciless soldier John Carver on a journey across space to discover the source...
February 5, 2013
[Image: bioshockinpcrp1boxart_160h.jpg]
BioShock Infinite PC
Shooter - The third game in the popular Bioshock series, BioShock: Infinite breaks away from the underwater setting of the...
March 26, 2013
[Image: 6863ACM_PC_PF_rgbboxart_160h.jpg]
Aliens: Colonial Marines PC
Shooter - A first-person shooter based on the Alien movie franchise.
February 12, 2013
[Image: MGS-Rising_PC_WinMac_BOX-tempboxart_160h.jpg]
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC
Action - Developed through a partnership with Platinum Games and Kojima Productions, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance aims to...
February 19, 2013
[Image: BF3-End-Game_PCDLboxart_160h.jpg]
Battlefield 3: End Game PC
Shooter - Battlefield 3: End Game is an expansion pack for the hugely popular Battlefield series.
Q1 2013
[Image: TEMP_PC_Star-Trek-the-Gameboxart_160h.jpg]
Star Trek: The Game PC
Action - This action-packed Star Trek game is based in the continuity set up in the 2009 reboot of Gene Roddenberry's classic...
April 23, 2013

___
There are several dozen TBA on the date, including GTA, Dragon Age III, Bioshock etc. It will be a great start of a perfect gaming year.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
They all come out for PS3 as well, not interested in any of them except for BF3 add on, but I have premium anyway.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
We should get starcraft going
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
I stopped playing consoles after PS2, I have been massing up to a buffed PC instead in order to play everything here. The mouse does everything for me, plus the fact that you can go above 30 fps is also a great thing. Although I just wish Microsoft would take their thumbs out of their ass and release some Halo (later editions) & Gears of Wars (Also later editions). That goes same for Square Enix and the Final Fantasy Series :-(

I might actually go for a PS4 or an XBOX 720, depends on the motions games and their motion sensors. They look pretty epic in their showcase videos. We shall see, I might also need to get my ass of my chair and get a job to afford a 60+ inch TV too so it makes for even greater experience :p
I personally like the feel of controller and big screen tv and nice sound from stereo system. Some say you can plug your pc to your tv and buy a joystick instead, no, I tried, It's not the same. I only play css on my gaming laptop. I wish I only had more time for all that.

btw, many new ps3 games run 60fps.
even 60 frames per second is bad once uve enjoyed 120fps for any length of time. after i sold my gaming machine a few months ago i cud only play on my ultrabook @ 60hz. pre-ultrabook (when i was running 120hz) my KDR remained about 3.10+.... after dropping down to 60hz i cud hardly maintain a 2.0 NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED! everybody was wondering what the fuck happened to me. it was too frustrating.

finally when i'd had enough i went to MicroCenter the next day and built me a Mini ITX gaming rig. I will never game on a platform that maxes out @ 60hz. ever. again.

i wish i cud play my beloved Soul Calibur series @ 120hz Sad
[Image: tumblr_m8wz8pZhho1qe7ttxo1_500.jpg]
Pishtim, post: 84162, member: 3115 Wrote:even 60 frames per second is bad once uve enjoyed 120fps for any length of time. after i sold my gaming machine a few months ago i cud only play on my ultrabook @ 60hz. pre-ultrabook (when i was running 120hz) my KDR remained about 3.10+.... after dropping down to 60hz i cud hardly maintain a 2.0 NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED! everybody was wondering what the fuck happened to me. it was too frustrating.

finally when i'd had enough i went to MicroCenter the next day and built me a Mini ITX gaming rig. I will never game on a platform that maxes out @ 60hz. ever. again.

I am a little confused, because you talk both about HZ and FPS. HZ frequency is the amount your actual screen or TV can handle, while FPS is the rates in a game, both in a way similar but very different. As you can get 120 FPS on a 60HZ without a problem.
Pishtim, post: 84162, member: 3115 Wrote:even 60 frames per second is bad once uve enjoyed 120fps for any length of time. after i sold my gaming machine a few months ago i cud only play on my ultrabook @ 60hz. pre-ultrabook (when i was running 120hz) my KDR remained about 3.10+.... after dropping down to 60hz i cud hardly maintain a 2.0 NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED! everybody was wondering what the fuck happened to me. it was too frustrating.

Yeah, everyone was wondering what happened to Pishtim... like they couldn't even sleep.
u can get reports of any framerate... 60, 120, 234 fps... but ur limited to how many frames a second ur monitor can actually handle. this is where hz come in. a 60hz monitor refreshes the screen 60 times a second. 120hz monitor refreshes ur screen 120 times a second, etc... there r even 240hz monitors although they are very rare, expensive, and overkill. this means that gamers are limited to either 60fps or 120fps despite what their video card can push. so when u see someone bragging that their video card runs a game an average of 328fps on max settings, u kno the reality is that they can only experience at most 120 of that in almost every case (actually most gamers game on 60hz monitors, so anything above 60fps is completely wasted).

its also dependent on ur video card. my ultrabooks video card cud only run my 120hz monitor @ 60hz, therefor i was stuck @ 60 frames per second even tho my ultrabook averaged about 90 to 100 fps on CSS.

wen i built my gaming rig i specifically did research and bought a video card that can run my monitor @ 120hz. u also need a special dual link DVI cable to run @ 120hz (aka 120fps).

now i average about 190fps with this video card in CSS with a 120hz monitor: 70 frames of that will never reach my eyeballs.
[Image: tumblr_m8wz8pZhho1qe7ttxo1_500.jpg]
Really love the first one but....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]