Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoda gets his own spin-off movie!
ver since Disney bought "Star Wars" and announced they would be putting out stand alone spinoffs in addition to continuing the main storyline, folks have been speculating just what those new films will be about. The origin of Salacious Crumb? The story of the Millennium Falcon making the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs? Jar Jar Binks: The Untold Story?
All great ideas. But now, according to Ain't It Cool News, the real answer has been revealed — and the first "Star Wars" spinoff will actually be about Yoda.
"To start with, they're going to focus on established characters and do solo films," AICN's Harry Knowles said about Disney's plans to expand their "Star Wars" empire. "The first Stand Alone film is going to center upon Yoda. At this stage specifics are sparse, but Kathleen Kennedy is putting together a 'Star Wars' slate."
""I've also heard tale of »

- Scott Harris

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni46427942/

___

Hmm I wonder how this movie will be, he has 900 years under his belt. But there are no real enemies to the Republic, no sith, no mandolorians etc and it is mostly a time of peace Oo
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
I like the sound of this. There are many... 'purists' who like a movie, book, show, or other kind of media and then never want it added onto, remade, rebooted or anything like that because in some completely irrational way they feel that new material somehow damages the original. I am not one of these people. I generally like remakes. They're not always good but they're sort of a 'what if' scenario, a different take on a premise. They don't make the original worse. I liked the Total Recall remake. I've always liked the original too, and after having seen the remake, I like the original as much as I ever did.
Back to Star Wars... I've read about a dozen of the expanded universe books, they're mostly pretty good. If you're interested, I'd recommend the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy (Post sarlacc Boba), and The Han Solo Trilogy. I'd like to see some spinoffs and sidequels with minor or even new characters.

A Yoda movie might be really good... could also be really bad. Won't be either if it never gets made. I say roll that die.
Schlacko, post: 85624, member: 2312 Wrote:I like the sound of this. There are many... 'purists' who like a movie, book, show, or other kind of media and then never want it added onto, remade, rebooted or anything like that because in some completely irrational way they feel that new material somehow damages the original. I am not one of these people. I generally like remakes. They're not always good but they're sort of a 'what if' scenario, a different take on a premise. They don't make the original worse. I liked the Total Recall remake. I've always liked the original too, and after having seen the remake, I like the original as much as I ever did.
Back to Star Wars... I've read about a dozen of the expanded universe books, they're mostly pretty good. If you're interested, I'd recommend the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy (Post sarlacc Boba), and The Han Solo Trilogy. I'd like to see some spinoffs and sidequels with minor or even new characters.

A Yoda movie might be really good... could also be really bad. Won't be either if it never gets made. I say roll that die.
This is only the start of it, according to Disney they will be expanding the Star Wars universe, series, spin-offs and saga continuation.

I honestly hope they go both the book route as well as consider the Old Republic. The few thousand years before the saga begins, where a full Sith Empire is at its purest. It would be amazing, or go even further back. Smile

I like that Disney is taking this to a whole new level, feels like there are a bunch of Star Wars geeks sitting there feeling as if their dreams have come true :p
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator