Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDK Beats BEZERK (Review)
Two powerhouse WarLord teams, both 3-1 going into this match ranked 6 and 7 respectively in the North American division, went head-to-head on the frag-happy map of Dust2.

Starting 5 for High Definition Killing included
  • Helmut
  • CreativeSmile
  • Cyber_Knight
  • Invis_-
  • Xtr3me
While the starting 5 for BEZERKincluded
  • Bukjason
  • JesseJames
  • Xstrata
  • KNIGHT
  • dRaX
HDK started out on t side, and quickly put the game what seemed to be out of reach for BEZERK to have any comeback opportunity. After the half, HDK's strats proved dominant as they held a commanding 12-3 lead going into half. BEZERK quickly took the first 5 rounds before HDK was able to get on the scoreboard to make it a 13-8 lead in favor of HDK. BEZERK never quit however, as Bukjason kept fighting for frags. The 9 round lead HDK had held began to diminish. Finally on the 10th round of the half, HDK won their 3rd round, making it 15-10.

Halftime - [Image: 2013021900001.jpg]

With 1 round needed to win, BEZERK buckled down and had some key rounds. During the 13th round, BEZERK was down to a 1v3, with about 30 seconds left for KNIGHT to pick up and plant the bomb, and/or kill the last 3 HDK players. Due to some miscommunication on the HDK part, there were two TK's, making it a 1v1 with only 15 seconds left. The bomb was planted in A site with an HDK player directly below. A 1v1 gunfight took place and went in favor of BEZERK to make the score 15-13. BEZERK went out to dominate the final 2 rounds to send the match into overtime, overcoming a 12-3 deficit.

Cevo Overtime Rules vary from other leagues. In Cevo, each team will play 5 rounds on one side, and switch after the completion of the 5th round. Then, they will play up to 5 more rounds on the other side, until either team has won 6 rounds of an Overtime.

HDK started out ct side in the first half of Overtime. The momentum BEZERK had picked up carried through to overtime as they stomped HDK for 4 rounds out of 5 on T-side. However, HDK wasn't ready to quit, as they battled hard in the OT2, winning the first round. After losing the second round, HDK needed to win 3 consecutive rounds to force another overtime, and they did just that. Battling hard, they dominated their way into bomb sites, sending the game into OT3.

OT3, HDK started on CT side once again, but this time picking up the slack a little bit. After winning the opening round, they then dropped 2 rounds as BEZERK started picking up the momentum again. A huge clutch by Helmut made it 2-2 going into the final round, which BEZERK then picked up promptly, making it a 3-2 lead in favor of BEZERK.

OT4, BEZERK needed 2 to tie, 3 to win on ct side. After winning the opening round, things looked bleak for HDK. However, they did not quit, as they fought hard to win the next two rounds. BEZERK then won the next round, making them in need of winning the final round to win the match. HDK had other plans, as they squeeked out the last round thanks to a 1v2 clutch by Helmut to continue the game.

OT5, This time HDK put up a commanding 3 rounds on CT side, putting the pressure on BEZERK to raise their performance on CT side. However, in OT6 thanks in part to an ACE by bukjason as well as several other dominating rounds, BEZERK answered back with thunder, sending the game into yet another Overtime round.

Overtime Round 7 - Over two hours past the initial pistol round of the match, both teams bared down to put an end to things. Once again, with HDK on ct side, they improved their setups and coverage, as they put up an impressive 4 wins on the ct side, putting the pressure on BEZERK to step up or lose. Going into the 8th round of Overtime, HDK needed to win 1 round out of 5 to tie, and just 2 out of 5 to finally win.

Up 4 rounds, HDK needed to win 2 out of 5 rounds to win the match
[Image: 2013021900004.jpg]

BEZERK won the first round quickly as bukjason once again came up big with some needed kills. HDK answered right back however to make OT8 1-1, with BEZERK needing to win the remaining 3 rounds in order to stay alive. The third round went in favor to BEZERK after Helmut, attempting to save his awp in a 1v2, managed to get one kill, but missed the noscope with 0:01 left on the clock to make it 2-1 BEZERK. For the 4th round, HDK went on a full eco to save for the final round. A fail rush at B made it 3-1, HDK one win away from victory, and BEZERK just one round win away from pulling off an incredible comeback. The final round wound up to be a complete blowout, as HDK quickly took control of mid, and then took the B site. With the bomb planted, Jesse James and xstrata looked to pull off an impressive 2v4 to save the game. They were quickly taken down by inv1s_- and Helmut though, to put an end to one of the most exciting games this game has seen.

HDK winning the match (Score actually 3-2)
[Image: 2013021900005.jpg]

HDK now is ranked #4 in Cevo North America -

GG
[INDENT=1]Recap -.......HDK /BEZERK.......... Match Score[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]First half ....... 12-3................. 12-3[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Second half.....3-12..................15-15[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT1................1-4...................16-19[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT2...............4-4....................20-20[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT3...............2-3....................22-23[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT4...............3-2....................25-25[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT5...............3-2....................28-27[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT6...............2-3....................30-30[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT7...............4-1....................34-31[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]OT8...............3-2....................36-34[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
The Rival Wrote:Helmut I think you're probably the nicest guy I've ever talked to. I think your CS:S skills surpass literally everyones on the planet. I found your Facebook, and I printed a huge poster of you, and put it on my ceiling above my bed so every day when I wake up I get to stare at your glorious face and remind myself that maybe if I put in a lot of hard work, time and effort then I could probably be as great as you
League xp- legit-proof.com/search?m=guid&q=0%3A1%3A21999673&p=1
ESEA- https://play.esea.net/users/431758
-K me - https://war-lords.net/forum/reputation.php?uid=943
It's like Sampras Vs Agassi.

How long did the match take?
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Total match time was about 2 hours 15 mins I think
The Rival Wrote:Helmut I think you're probably the nicest guy I've ever talked to. I think your CS:S skills surpass literally everyones on the planet. I found your Facebook, and I printed a huge poster of you, and put it on my ceiling above my bed so every day when I wake up I get to stare at your glorious face and remind myself that maybe if I put in a lot of hard work, time and effort then I could probably be as great as you
didnt spell our team name right a single time. posted all screenshots of you guys doing well and us doing shitty. lawl
ceddeeoo, post: 86358, member: 9052 Wrote:didnt spell our team name right a single time. posted all screenshots of you guys doing well and us doing shitty. lawl
Write your own review then
if we had won the game, made a "review" thread on the match mispelling your name as WDK fifty times with only screenshots of you guys doing shitty for everyone to see, you'd be doing the classic helmoot angry yell right about now, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK" loool
K. Why would I post pictures of us doing terrible when we won the match?

Troll along please
I kinda laughed way too long at this.

I was gonna point out the spelling but I reminded myself that Helmut wrote this.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
BukJason is always the boss ......it doesn't matter in which team he is or against which team he is playing.......he's the hero without clan tag...
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
Wow.