Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server hosting
What if we host our servers on raspberry pi or arduino boards ??
Won't it be more cost effective ??
It'll be more cost effective and at the same time pain in the ass because the Raspberry Pi isn't capable of running full PC applications. It can only run IoT Core versions of Windows, Android OS, and other Mobile Operating systems.

Arduino on the other hand is just like a breadboard with wider range of programming ability and it acts pretty much like a daughter board/
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
Good idea!
[Image: Photo%20collage-climate%20scenarios-glob...k=rcowMNf5]
(Oct 12 2016, 10:44 AM)Sibrox Wrote: It'll be more cost effective and at the same time pain in the ass because the Raspberry Pi isn't capable of running full PC applications. It can only run IoT Core versions of Windows, Android OS, and other Mobile Operating systems.

Arduino on the other hand is just like a breadboard with wider range of programming ability and it acts pretty much like a daughter board/
(Oct 12 2016, 02:10 PM)Crusader2806 Wrote:
(Oct 12 2016, 10:44 AM)Sibrox Wrote: It'll be more cost effective and at the same time pain in the ass because the Raspberry Pi isn't capable of running full PC applications. It can only run IoT Core versions of Windows, Android OS, and other Mobile Operating systems.

Raspberry pi 2 has a 1 GB ram with quad core processor .
It may be useful to use multiple boards to host servers .
Will be cheaper in the Long run .
And it doesn't mean it can run typical Windows Application and I bet a 32 slot server will frequently crash.

It's Quad Core Processor is no better than my Pentium Dual Core E5200.

1GB of RAM won't get you anywhere even for hosting a PUG server. 8GB is typically the minimum if you're planning to host a pub or pug server.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
(Oct 13 2016, 11:16 AM)Sibrox Wrote: And it doesn't mean it can run typical Windows Application and I bet a 32 slot server will frequently crash.

It's Quad Core Processor is no better than my Pentium Dual Core E5200.

1GB of RAM won't get you anywhere even for hosting a PUG server. 8GB is typically the minimum if you're planning to host a pub or pug server.

Yeah this makes sense 
Thanks for replying
I use the Raspberry pi as my home server for controlling the electronics. I only need one click on my phone to make myself coffee while I'm still on bed. Welcome to the future.
[Image: Photo%20collage-climate%20scenarios-glob...k=rcowMNf5]
(Oct 14 2016, 03:51 PM)Angel Wrote: I use the Raspberry pi as my home server for controlling the electronics. I only need one click on my phone to make myself coffee while I'm still on bed. Welcome to the future.

Lazy Angel
[Image: mrpa43.png]