Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue  Do I really need to leave my group?
Exclamation
Hello, guys. Most of you probably haven't played with me before so you wouldn't know me. But that's the thing. I can't play on your servers because of my association with a group that shan't be named that has people who have done things that frankly I wouldn't want them to do either if I were in your positions. I respect the fact that you don't like when people advertise for other servers on your servers. It's a shitty thing to do and I wouldn't want people to do that on my servers if I had them. I don't know the whole story though I've tried to figure it out through the search function (which I apparently have little fluency in because I've only seen stuff about the advertising but apparently there's more to it if you guys could fill me in).

But you guys placed a blanket ban on an entire group, the overwhelming majority of which had nothing to do with whatever happened. I heard about your pug servers through random, offhanded remarks in the past and thought I'd check them out. Instead, it seems as though I have to leave my group in order to even look at your pug servers. Why? I can't even begin to understand the reasoning of the blanket ban. Would you guys ban a massive group like HG if like five players were advertising HG servers and doing whatever other dramatic things the players in the group that shan't be named did? Why wouldn't you just ban the offenders? This blanket ban makes no sense to me. It seems to me that it's not even a popular decision among your community.

I'm just trying to game lol
[-] The following 3 users Like bagelw0w's post:
   Deadplanet, QueenCrazy, Spiderfreak
The short answer is yes you gotta leave the group to play on wl.

For the reasons, you can always ask bison here !
i'd say each person that wants to get back in the server should make a unban thread about it, and follow the guidelines. the weak will weed themselves out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes _nme's post:
   Jesse W.
The ban was for the best of both communities. It will probably stay as the compromise that was made (not sided towards either community) was rejected.

I'll let Bison reply to expand on my comment if needed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riser's post:
   CaliSnipe
(Jun 03 2017, 08:50 PM)Ben- Wrote: The short answer is yes you gotta leave the group to play on wl.

I would love to ask bison, but I don't know their forum account name or their Steam account.

(Jun 03 2017, 11:25 PM)_nme Wrote: i'd say each person that wants to get back in the server should make a unban thread about it, and follow the guidelines. the weak will weed themselves out.

It's not getting back into the server for me. It's getting into the server for the first time. I had nothing to do with this drama, I don't even know how I would prove that I wouldn't do whatever my group mates did because I barely know what they did in the first place.

(Jun 04 2017, 12:00 AM)Riser Wrote: The ban was for the best of both communities. It will probably stay as the compromise that was made (not sided towards either community) was rejected.

What was the compromise, banning the people who broke your rules? How can that be rejected by anybody but the leader of the community? That makes no sense at all.
(Jun 04 2017, 02:06 AM)bagelw0w Wrote:
(Jun 03 2017, 08:50 PM)Ben- Wrote: The short answer is yes you gotta leave the group to play on wl.

I would love to ask bison, but I don't know their forum account name or their Steam account.

(Jun 03 2017, 11:25 PM)_nme Wrote: i'd say each person that wants to get back in the server should make a unban thread about it, and follow the guidelines. the weak will weed themselves out.

It's not getting back into the server for me. It's getting into the server for the first time. I had nothing to do with this drama, I don't even know how I would prove that I wouldn't do whatever my group mates did because I barely know what they did in the first place.

(Jun 04 2017, 12:00 AM)Riser Wrote: The ban was for the best of both communities. It will probably stay as the compromise that was made (not sided towards either community) was rejected.

What was the compromise, banning the people who broke your rules? How can that be rejected by anybody but the leader of the community? That makes no sense at all.

Bison already pmd you
(Jun 04 2017, 02:31 AM)Riser Wrote:
(Jun 04 2017, 02:06 AM)bagelw0w Wrote:

Bison already pmd you

Yep! I've read it and responded. I missed it before I replied to the post. Thanks =]
(Jun 03 2017, 08:40 PM)bagelw0w Wrote: Hello, guys. Most of you probably haven't played with me before so you wouldn't know me. But that's the thing. I can't play on your servers because of my association with a group that shan't be named that has people who have done things that frankly I wouldn't want them to do either if I were in your positions. I respect the fact that you don't like when people advertise for other servers on your servers. It's a shitty thing to do and I wouldn't want people to do that on my servers if I had them. I don't know the whole story though I've tried to figure it out through the search function (which I apparently have little fluency in because I've only seen stuff about the advertising but apparently there's more to it if you guys could fill me in).

But you guys placed a blanket ban on an entire group, the overwhelming majority of which had nothing to do with whatever happened. I heard about your pug servers through random, offhanded remarks in the past and thought I'd check them out. Instead, it seems as though I have to leave my group in order to even look at your pug servers. Why? I can't even begin to understand the reasoning of the blanket ban. Would you guys ban a massive group like HG if like five players were advertising HG servers and doing whatever other dramatic things the players in the group that shan't be named did? Why wouldn't you just ban the offenders? This blanket ban makes no sense to me. It seems to me that it's not even a popular decision among your community.

I agree with everything u said bagel. I don't understand y an entire group has to be banned instead of the actual ppl tht did the advertising. Tbh idk if the actual advertisers did get a punishment or not but if they didn't they would just have to leave the Steam group and bam they get away no punishment free. But ya just in general I rlly hate having to leave the group just to join the servers. I mean, I rlly only join the groups of games and shit to show I like the community and game and stuff, and also to get free loot on some servers for joining tht stuff. But ya Bison is pretty much forcing us to pick sides type thing, because its like if u want to play here u have to do this (leave the NBK group) first.

Can delete this if u want, was typing this b4 the pm thingy response. Idk just don't want to seem like I'm keeping it going after its settled
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spiderfreak's post:
   Deadplanet
(Jun 04 2017, 03:04 AM)Spiderfreak Wrote:
(Jun 03 2017, 08:40 PM)bagelw0w Wrote: Hello, guys. Most of you probably haven't played with me before so you wouldn't know me. But that's the thing. I can't play on your servers because of my association with a group that shan't be named that has people who have done things that frankly I wouldn't want them to do either if I were in your positions. I respect the fact that you don't like when people advertise for other servers on your servers. It's a shitty thing to do and I wouldn't want people to do that on my servers if I had them. I don't know the whole story though I've tried to figure it out through the search function (which I apparently have little fluency in because I've only seen stuff about the advertising but apparently there's more to it if you guys could fill me in).

I agree with everything u said bagel. I don't understand y an entire group has to be banned instead of the actual ppl tht did the advertising. Tbh idk if the actual advertisers did get a punishment or not but if they didn't they would just have to leave the Steam group and bam they get away no punishment free. But ya just in general I rlly hate having to leave the group just to join the servers. I mean, I rlly only join the groups of games and shit to show I like the community and game and stuff, and also to get free loot on some servers for joining tht stuff. But ya Bison is pretty much forcing us to pick sides type thing, because its like if u want to play here u have to do this (leave the NBK group) first.

Can delete this if u want, was typing this b4 the pm thingy response. Idk just don't want to seem like I'm keeping it going after its settled

Bison isn't forcing anything on anyone.
(Jun 04 2017, 04:32 AM)calisnipe Wrote:
(Jun 04 2017, 03:04 AM)Spiderfreak Wrote:

Bison isn't forcing anything on anyone.

Actually, he is. By forcing a ban on the group, if I make the decision that I want to join your servers without prior knowledge of this debacle and a ban message comes up for being in the group, I am forced to make a decision about whether I care enough about playing on your servers or my community more. That isn't fair for someone who has nothing to do with what happened. Now that he told me what the issues were, it seems like the majority of the issues were with the administration... not the players. The issues with the players were as follows: advertising and rage quit hopping to another server. Those are incredibly easy things to fix! You can implement incremental banning for rage quitting and if you catch them hopping to an NBK pug server then permanently ban them. If they advertise, ban.

It took me no time to think of these solutions. I'm convinced that the real reasons for the ban were personal because he doesn't like the NBK administration and he doesn't want to take the time to ban a few people for being rowdy.

I didn't want to do this, but now I feel like I have to because, like the NBK administration according to Bison, Bison is being unreasonable. Here's what he wrote first:
[Image: ec0a9497b11968de81fea601b6dbe5a9.png]

Here's how I responded (I had to zoom out...):
[Image: cc75557e1241267b170ee50c2f7c72f9.png]

His response?
[Image: c27da50b5d39f15f9191dee2c4733ba2.png]

These are the links he gave me if you guys are curious:
https://pastebin.com/raw/8D2HPKqC

https://war-lords.net/pugs?engines%5B%5D...s%5B%5D=12
https://nbkscrim1.site.nfoservers.com/pu...serverid=1

https://war-lords.net/pugs/players/77629097
https://nbkscrim1.site.nfoservers.com/pu...atchid=689

https://war-lords.net/pugs/56875
https://nbkscrim1.site.nfoservers.com/pu...serverid=1

Bison, feel free to respond in public or in private. It is honestly ridiculous that it has to go this far at all.