Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not sure what's wrong. I've restarted the servers multiple times and this has only resulted in the issue temporarily subsiding. The next day it spontaneously reoccurs and persists until restart. The cpu usage of each server when entirely full generally spikes no further than 50-60% on a single core. The last few days it's been idling at 100% even when there's less than 15 players. I suspect a broken addon or plugin may be at fault, but there's always the chance the servers are under some kind of attack.  :o

trueplayer Wrote:It did become playable now
That's because I restarted it.  :-\

trueplayer Wrote:it's very obvious that when office server gets overloaded with 250 pingers it starts laggig.
nonsense.

trueplayer Wrote:Even my own ping goes from regular 30 to 120-150.
This actually sounds like your connection isn't able to maintain the minrate of the server. If you can't sustain a downstream of 51KB/s during sporadic bursts of traffic, then you'll likely experience a spike in your ping.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Does it have to do anything with gameme?
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
If high pings affected the sever, there would already be some sort of ping kicker.. but it obviously doesn't.

Read up a little about it:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382701

I don't get any lag on Pop maps, theres a little bit of lag on DM and Office is really laggy.
trueplayer Wrote:Office players, have average ping 200, popular maps 70-80.

It did become playable now, and we have 20 people on the server, when we had 35, it was super laggy. I can see why you defend high pingers, you are the one yourself, but it's very obvious that when office server gets overloaded with 250 pingers it starts laggig. Even my own ping goes from regular 30 to 120-150.

Clients cannot lag servers using rate settings. It is impossible. They can lag servers by doing weird things with mods, physics props, and other things that cause the server to start processing more things than usual. Think about it. How could a person who purposely downloads less from a server cause the server to lag? All it does is gives them bad hit registry and gives others bad hit registry on that player.
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
FenKeN Wrote:
trueplayer Wrote:Office players, have average ping 200, popular maps 70-80.

It did become playable now, and we have 20 people on the server, when we had 35, it was super laggy. I can see why you defend high pingers, you are the one yourself, but it's very obvious that when office server gets overloaded with 250 pingers it starts laggig. Even my own ping goes from regular 30 to 120-150.

Clients cannot lag servers using rate settings. It is impossible. They can lag servers by doing weird things with mods, physics props, and other things that cause the server to start processing more things than usual. Think about it. How could a person who purposely downloads less from a server cause the server to lag? All it does is gives them bad hit registry and gives others bad hit registry on that player.
this is another problem, when they are skipping.

I spoke with bison and he said something is wrong. When server performance gets close to 100% it starts lagging more and more with any additional player joined. So my observation was correct, however, suspicion is wrong, it wasn't about ping, it was about amount of players. "Something is broken"
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]