Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSS unplayable.
Damn cucu never knew that. I've always rhough that dx 81 = bad graphics and 95 = better
mahyar, post: 88217, member: 992 Wrote:Damn cucu never knew that. I've always rhough that dx 81 = bad graphics and 95 = better
Had to research it a lot because I was having issues SLI:ing my GTX 850 cards. Stabilizing my system was a long painful process in CSS.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
The thing is, it does not remove the problem, my hardware supports DX11, but the lower DX I set the less lag I get. So with DX8.0 I can play it with almost no lag, but again, it's not a solution, I just dumped down gfx. Before I could play it with all maxed out 150-180 fps, it's something else that causes the lag.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Moriarty, post: 88222, member: 9168 Wrote:The thing is, it does not remove the problem, my hardware supports DX11, but the lower DX I set the less lag I get. So with DX8.0 I can play it with almost no lag, but again, it's not a solution, I just dumped down gfx. Before I could play it with all maxed out 150-180 fps, it's something else that causes the lag.
Can you get the software called EVGA Precision? It will allow you to monitor your graphics card internal sensors, including fan, temp, clock etc. That could be where the problem lies.
I will download it when I have time. I did research and saw some other people posted the same problem at different years. It's the same for all, first 5-10 minutes you play with everything maxed out with no lag and very high performance, and then something triggers and the game starts lagging for no obvious reason. Another interesting thing is that when I minimize the game to tray for 5-10 sec and then open it again, it will play without any lag for 30-40 sec before it will start lagging.
Moriarty, post: 88228, member: 9168 Wrote:I will download it when I have time. I did research and saw some other people posted the same problem at different years. It's the same for all, first 5-10 minutes you play with everything maxed out with no lag and very high performance, and then something triggers and the game starts lagging for no obvious reason. Another interesting thing is that when I minimize the game to tray for 5-10 sec and then open it again, it will play without any lag for 30-40 sec before it will start lagging.
I sense it is a new driver that could cause this problem. I would also try to revert back to older drivers if possible, maybe 2-3 versions ago and see if it is just a driver malfunction.
cucubelu, post: 88229, member: 15378 Wrote:I sense it is a new driver that could cause this problem. I would also try to revert back to older drivers if possible, maybe 2-3 versions ago and see if it is just a driver malfunction.
I will do that as well. But I highly doubt that it will fix it since I cant recall updating it before the game started lagging in a long time and the only reason why I updated to the latest driver was the lag.
Moriarty, post: 88230, member: 9168 Wrote:I will do that as well. But I highly doubt that it will fix it since I cant recall updating it before the game started lagging in a long time and the only reason why I updated to the latest driver was the lag.
Well the update from CSS could be causing your drivers not to function properly as well. Usually happens a lot more with newer games, but hopefully one of these things will work.
here is your solution
Open regedit
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
Reboot
MMgHam, post: 88234, member: 16679 Wrote:here is your solution
Open regedit
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
Reboot
Next time, include a source instead of directly plagiarising someone elses post.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=1043281