Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Approved  H0ok3r™ - Admin Application
NAME: [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 89)][[SoySauce]][/COLOR] H0ok3r w A P3n1s [dubstep]™
*([[SoySauce]] is not actually a clan, I made the group because I wanted to use the tag, lol.)*

[FONT=Times New Roman]STEAM ID:[/FONT] STEAM_0:1:7719166

TIMEZONE: [SIZE=4]Pacific ([SIZE=4]PST[SIZE=4]) [FONT=Courier New][UTC/GMT -8][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

AVAILABILITY:
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]I am available most days, usually between late afternoon and early morning (~5pm - 8am).

I[SIZE=3] am also around at other hours,[SIZE=3] depending on my schedule
(work[SIZE=3]).[/SIZE].. [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]basically, I'm available most days, and often at odd hour[SIZE=3]s[SIZE=3] of the night[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]. [/COLOR]

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF:
I just played through [SIZE=3]a[SIZE=3] world in the browser-b[SIZE=3]ased[/SIZE][/SIZE] MMO game Grepolis, and led my alliance ([SIZE=3]including 3 sub-alliances[/SIZE]; 120+ people) to victory [SIZE=3][I go by[SIZE=3] [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 89)]Divided.Eye in Grepolis].[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)][SIZE=3]If you're not familiar with the game[SIZE=3], it's [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]a [SIZE=3]time-based strategy game[SIZE=3] [SIZE=3]that runs 24/7, [SIZE=3]and includes players from all over the world[/SIZE][/SIZE]. [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]It took us over a year of dedication and [SIZE=3]hard work to secure the victory--I spent many, many [SIZE=3]hours of my spare time[SIZE=3] on this game... most of it doing administrative stuff (diplomacy[SIZE=3], [SIZE=3]modding the forums, [SIZE=3]wr[SIZE=3]iting announcements, strategizing/planning, reviewing stats, etc[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]). [/COLOR]

[FONT=Courier New]*I'm not sure how to show proof; I could take screenshots of the Membership/Rights page, send you a copy of [SIZE=2]the victory certificate, show you all the forum work I did, etc...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3]In addition to Grepolis, I have leadership exper[SIZE=3]ience from being [/SIZE]in clans and comp team[SIZE=3]s in CS:S[SIZE=3]. [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]From[COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 89)][SIZE=3] [COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]all[/COLOR] that [/SIZE][/SIZE]I have[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR] a number of years of experience [SIZE=3]being an admin (though I can't say I remember the rcon commands anymore, lol), and even more time modding forums. It may sound weird but I really enjoy cleaning and organizing forums... haha. Anyway these days I play almost exclusively on the D2 DM server, though I do hop on some of the others occasionally.[/SIZE]
*edit: I have been playing on the Snipers server a lot lately as well.

*I was a forum mod/admin in Not A Clan (clan), Mature Gaming (clan/light comp team), and Zero Point Gaming[SIZE=2] (strictly a comp [SIZE=2]team). [SIZE=2]All [SIZE=2]of these clans/teams have since died, so I am not s[SIZE=2]ure how to go about provi[SIZE=2]ding proof for these experiences. Maybe I could track down some TWL or CAL stats pages or something[SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]*edit: I found a little proof by looking up my ID on Legit-Proof[SIZE=2][SIZE=2] (not much, but[SIZE=2] it's something at least[SIZE=2])[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[INDENT][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]0:1:7719[SIZE=2]166 | "Red_Pen" | Not A Clan | CAL Ope[SIZE=2]n[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]2006-02-28[B] --> 2006-05-08[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
0:1:7719166 | "Red_Pen" [COLOR=rgb(191, 191, 191)]|[/COLOR] Zero Point Gaming | CAL Open
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]2006-09-18 --> 2007-01-01[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

REASON FOR ADMIN APPLICATION:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana]My main reasons for applying for admin pr[SIZE=3]ivileges are[SIZE=3]:[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[INDENT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]- to [/SIZE]restart the server([SIZE=3]s)[/SIZE] when[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana] [SIZE=3]ne[SIZE=3]eded[SIZE=3][SIZE=3] (for example when health packs start disappearin[SIZE=3]g[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT])
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]- to deal with mic-spammers/trolls[/SIZE][/SIZE][/INDENT]

When the health packs break on the DM server[SIZE=3](s), players tend to spend less time on the server[SIZE=3] ([SIZE=3]note: I've spent a significant amount of time on the d2 DM server, which is how I know this happens[SIZE=3]).[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] Sometimes this happens late at night when the [SIZE=3]server populations drop anyway, [SIZE=3]which makes it even worse.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]As for the spamming and whatnot, I know there is the !ignore command, which is awesome..[SIZE=3]. [SIZE=3]b[SIZE=3]ut in my opinion players shouldn't have to [SIZE=3]be inconvenienced every time someone [SIZE=3]is being obnoxious on their mic; ideally an admin would be there to [SIZE=3]warn/m[SIZE=3]ute the player.

[SIZE=3]I [SIZE=3]would basically like to [SIZE=3]help make sure that the gaming environment remains friendly and [SIZE=3]welcoming to all players[SIZE=3] when I am online.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Since I am online often [SIZE=3]and have a [SIZE=3]fair amount of experience being an admin, [/SIZE]I think I would be a good addition to the WL team. Thanks for your consideration.

[FONT=Georgia]ADDITIONAL NOTES:
[/FONT][/SIZE]

- I do not have TF and don't plan on playing it; CS:S is my focus.
- I have never reported a hacker from your servers, because frankly I don't think I've ever seen one. I've played CS:S for a long time, and have played against some really good players/teams; I have seen multiple kinds of hacks, and can tell the difference between a hacker and someone who is just really good at the game. [SIZE=2]I do[SIZE=2] call
"hax" in-game sometimes[SIZE=2], but only jokingly.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
- I haven't been so active on the forums, only posted a few times... but I would be more than happy to help keep them clean/effective if my application is accepted.
- I've logged a[SIZE=2] little over 30 days on the DM server (minus a few for when I'm in spec/afk).[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]- I [SIZE=2]removed the "[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]w A P3n1s"[SIZE=2] [SIZE=2]part from my name at the request of an admin[SIZE=2] (Ashley).[/SIZE][/SIZE] edit: I've added that part back to my name. I see other users with semi-vulgar [SIZE=2]names[SIZE=2], and it seems to be accept[SIZE=2]able. Penis isnt too bad, right? Hahaha. Anyway, just shoot me a PM o[SIZE=2]n here or on steam if you[SIZE=2]'d like me to remove it again[SIZE=2]![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End

Messages In This Thread
H0ok3r™ - Admin Application [ACCEPTED] - by H0ok3r w A P3n1s™ - Jan 29 2014, 08:21 PM