Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbanned  Unban Appeal: Splice
I don't appreciate you casting doubt on my previous tenure as an admin of another community; there was no "supposed" about it. What I stated was a fact, and can be verified if you really wanted to find out. I have the previous owners contact information if you wish to verify for yourself. If you don't like me, as evidenced clearly by your tone, that's fine, but as an admin of THIS community you should always remain respectful in all interactions with the people that frequent your community otherwise you create an unfriendly environment and give warlords a bad reputation.

As for the "ignoring game objectives" I did not need the other player to flash his flashlight, I could hear those players running perfectly fine on my own. As for "needing" some type of communication, the only communication there was, was what you saw in the game. I don't need "help" playing this game. Again, as I stated prior, I assumed (I already admitted incorrectly) that your MOTD which specifically added friendly zombies as an explicit example to mean that that meant it applied to zombie mods or pubs where there was a timelimit or objective of some sort other than to kill the opposing team.

As for the MOTD being my warning, that again suggests that I believed that this particular rule applied to this situation. Does doing what I did create an unfair situation? Undoubtedly. Did I know it was against the rules? No, because I thought it applied to zombie mod and other actual competitive type maps. With the exception of that one player I WAS killing the other players. Fact of the matter is, according to your rules, now that I understand it fully, is yes, I shouldn't have done that. But at the same time, according to your owner, the fact of the matter is that your owner has set down certain policies that clearly state that you as an admin should have provided a warning. You simply saying that the MOTD was my warning is not my warning per YOUR server's policies.

In reference to your comment about stat padding... if I wanted to stat pad, I would simply awp from window and never rush outside and never switch weapons. I could easily tell you what my stats would be if I were to only awp, because that's what I did at HellsGamers. I'm sure my kdr would fluctuate since warlords has a slightly different setup and because HellsGamers does not have the boxes all over the map, but the remaining stats would be roughly the same.

Seems to me, everyone sees "anything goes" and takes that phrase out of context. Perhaps that was poor word choice on my part. Anything goes to me, in the context of a crackhouse server with no objectives other than killing the other team, means I can kill who I want, when I want. By that I mean, I could decide to kill someone either the instant I saw them, or many minutes later. Some players decide to jump around not shooting or killing anyone, by your definition of "ignoring game objectives" that player should be banned, but that doesn't happen... why? Simply because, the server is kill or don't kill, play how you want. That is part of the allure of playing in a crackhouse server. It is simply mindless and repetitive and fun with no real objective.

I understand banning players because they have repeatedly failed to complete objectives, such as planting the bomb in pub servers like dust2 (and I have banned people for failing to complete objectives before, but only after multiple warnings) but never in crackhouse. Who am I to dictate to players how they play in a map that for all intents and purposes has no real objective?
[Image: 1267152_101.png]

Messages In This Thread
Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Splice - Aug 31 2014, 08:05 AM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Riser - Aug 31 2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Splice - Aug 31 2014, 09:31 AM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Masterful1 - Aug 31 2014, 05:10 PM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Splice - Aug 31 2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Masterful1 - Aug 31 2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Splice - Aug 31 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by illa - Aug 31 2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Unban Appeal: Splice [UNBANNED] - by Riser - Sep 01 2014, 04:57 AM