Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WTF] backwards responsible for recent DoS attacks
(Feb 02 2015, 01:29 PM)wtfrepresent Wrote: Our server had 64/64 players yesterday... who left again?

Well it seems to be 0/64 now. I'm not sure who you pissed off.

Quote:No we did not start caring when half our players left because no one left you see? Players are free to play wherever they choose, this isn't a prison but they choose to stay in our server because they enjoy it. Also advertising over steam is one thing but having one of your members post on our server AFTER being told not to advertise was just insult to injury. That required immediate action.

I believe this happened after you issued a clan/community wide ban, because WT-F wasn't happy that players were getting dragged away. We didn't have any member purposely join your server and spam. The only things we encouraged was group and friend invites which can go for anyone in any server. These friends invites weren't targeted at your server players specifically. It must of done something for backwards to notice and come into our server and attack it.

Quote:FYI, as I recall auto-smile posted on our forums first and also played like a sheep first. I doubt any one of our members had an active account on this forum before this whole thing started, we've been aware of you guys since you first got ddos-ed and it's been nothing but problems since. From rowdy players to mic spamming to drama... endless issues stemming from your community and I'm not bad mouthing here, just stating facts. We even discussed banning everyone that came to our server from all your servers but decided it was messed up and we allowed people to play (with our rules) but as the old saying goes.. no good deed goes unpunished.

Rowdy players and mic spamming has been a problem for every community since the dawn of Counter-Strike and pretty much any game with voice support, its hardly a unique issue with us. I'm sure there was more of a reason of not banning the players other than the goodness of your heart.

Quote:We shall see how this plays out

At the end of all this, attacking a server is a lot lower than sending out friend invites to join a server. The proof we have is pretty damning against backwards, and it wouldn't surprise me if Hes the one currently attacking our servers right now as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WT-F responsible for recent DoS attacks - by Matt - Feb 02 2015, 02:23 PM