Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(wL) Competitive Rant/POV
(Nov 22 2017, 04:21 PM)woKe Wrote: I think one option to do a wL competitive event that isn't a tournament is to do a ladder.  Ladder's are nice because they don't have to operate on a schedule, teams can just challenge each other and then coordinate between themselves when everyone can play a match, and then we can have ladder admins who they report the results to.  Anyone can sign up a team or join a team, but you can only be on one team at a time and you lose your ladder position and have to start over if you lose more than 2 of 5 starters or something like that.

I think a ladder would be a lot easier to schedule, and would allow for a longer time-frame of playing, so players who only play on wL occasionally will be better able to participate enabling a bigger player pool.  If one team gets together at the top of the ladder then its up to the rest of the wL community to put a team together that can beat them.  If we want more parity or equity we could have an rws cap on starting 5 or make some requirement that each team has to start 1-2 low rws players

I like the idea of a ladder, it would still need most of what was previously mentionned to be working fine, separated stats, teams to be supported by the website, etc. I just fear that i will end up like the 10 rws server if we dont support it adequately, a good idea on paper, but empty once online.

I'm not a fan of "equity", any form ive seen isn't fair to the individuals, that either want to play with their friends, or don't wanna play with x players, i think the liberty of chosing with who you are playing makes ladders, tournament, leagues, so much more enjoyable then pugs.

Messages In This Thread
(wL) Competitive Rant/POV - by Ben- - Nov 19 2017, 11:57 PM
RE: (wL) Competitive Rant/POV - by _nme - Nov 21 2017, 04:10 AM
RE: (wL) Competitive Rant/POV - by woKe - Nov 22 2017, 04:21 PM
RE: (wL) Competitive Rant/POV - by Ben- - Nov 22 2017, 08:31 PM