Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cops shot some guy in the Valley.
George... I agree with you about this one... but that's not my point...

This is about law enforcement having the right to protect THEMSELVES and other innocents in the area.  We have NO idea what they deal with on a day to day basis, how many times they put their lives on the line just walking up to someone's car window to issue a traffic citation.  In this case, the suspect CLEARLY either has a handgun pointed at the officers or acts like he has one and still points at officers.  The officers, once they feel their life is being threatened, have a right to defend it, and they took appropriate action in this case.  They protect you, me, my kids and every other law abiding citizen EVERY day of their and our lives.  Sitting on the other end of a video and trying to understand what they go through in situations like this one, is near impossible, unless you have been there and done that...  I got a taste of it for one year, in Iraq (albeit, the R.O.E. is different)...  Some of my best friends are Police in different parts of the country, and they sometimes vent to me their frustration at the broad lack of understanding the public, in general, has for any given situation.  Ok, you want to look at it from the suspects view, that's fine, and understandable.... Now put yourself in the shoes of the officer.  You don't know what the suspect is thinking, what he may have for a weapon, why he is running, or anything.  It is dark and he is pointing something at you in a stance normally reserved only for those pointing a handgun.  What would YOUR sphincter be doing right then?  If I was a reviewing officer for this case, I would declare this a clean shooting, because the officers were put in the extraordinary situtation of feeling that their lives were in jeopardy, and they ARE allowed to defend themselves.

Ru - do you POINT a phone with that stance at officers?  Only if you want to die..  My issuing of a Darwin award to this guy stands...
[Image: 552360_101.png]

Messages In This Thread
Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Moriarty - Apr 12 2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Moriarty - Apr 12 2012, 12:46 PM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Moriarty - Apr 12 2012, 12:53 PM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Moriarty - Apr 12 2012, 10:20 PM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Masterful1 - Apr 12 2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Moriarty - Apr 12 2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by _RemiX - Apr 12 2012, 11:50 PM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Moriarty - Apr 13 2012, 01:43 AM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by JayCat - Apr 13 2012, 02:10 AM
RE: Cops shot some guy in the Valley. - by Moriarty - Apr 13 2012, 04:15 AM