Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama declares support for same-sex marriages
George, Of The Jungle Wrote:You could have accepted slavery based on that argument. Wait until people accept that black people deserve the same rights as white people. If you push white people into accepting black people as someone more than slaves, they will feel bitter in the end.
That was actually happening to varying degrees. Slavery as a whole was deteriorating fairly rapidly. I'm not saying it's not a good thing it didn't end sooner, but that's something interesting to note.  :o

Regardless, these are in some ways two very different issues. Unlike with slavery, homosexuals as individual people are completely entitled and equally eligible under the same laws that govern everyone else. The difference is their particular sexual orientation isn't recognized under law, but no more or less than it would be for anyone else in their position. Slaves on the other hand were not given nor eligible to anywhere near the same legal treatment as their white skinned counterparts. I truly hope you're not trying to make a correlation between the two.  :-\
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama declares support for same-sex marriages - by M. Bison - May 16 2012, 06:00 PM