Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] WCS - Mod Setup
This is not a tutorial on how to set up a home computer server. But instead to install WCS on an already existing server setup. Therefore if you have a server host you may be able to skip over a few of the following programs.

First if you want a more in depth explanation on what to do please go here. I will explain what to download and what to do with it and what it's functions are so you don't have to look for too long to find a good Warcraft mod.

The base items needed for a wcs are as follows.
1. EventScripts - EventScripts it what makes scripts work in counter strike source. RPG mods, WCS mods, Gungame mods, etc. All these are stemmed from EventScripts. Thus it is rewuired to have this installed so that they may function properly and "talk" with the server.
2. MetaMod:Source - Now, if you have a server host you may be able to put in a ticket to have this setup but if you are running it off your base computer than you need the link and download.
3. SourceMod - SourceMod is server modification for any game that runs on the Half-Life 2 engine. It is a powerful, highly optimized platform for scripting plugins and handling server administration. The default package comes with a base set of plugins, but there are over 450 plugins in the community.
4. SDK Hooks - Really can't explain this except that it links all the plugins and mods together. Wll there, that was an explanation now wasn't it?

Yes. Those are the base plugins. It may seem alot but like I have said if you have a server host they may be able to setup a few of these items with a simple ticket. Depends on who is hosting your server.

The following is the mod itself.
WCS Mod - This is obviously the core of what you want. This is the initial first few races and the core plugin that will run the WCS. It conatins things such as WCSAdmin and contains all the core elements.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
[Tutorial] WCS - Mod Setup - by James` - Sep 15 2012, 08:50 PM