Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents put childs life into "god's hands", and he dies
Quote:one passage says, "but a believer receives healing for free."

Clearly they did not. Twice.

That joke is too true. Why don't religious people, the types in that story, just believe that medicine is an answered prayer? I'm actually atheist if you're wondering...

Has anyone seen that show that was just on TNT, Monday Mornings? Well in one episode this kid...I think got thrown off a horse, and the horse's trainer brought the kid to the hospital, and just before they docs did a very simple thing to make the girl all better, the trainer tells them the kid and her parents are christian scientists and that they shouldn't practice medicine on her. The parents arrive and the doc (Ving Rhames, yeah the guy from Pulp Fiction) tries to convince them to let him do the thing...pericardiocentesis I think, but they refuse. So when they aren't looking, he does it anyways, and they say what happened? and he tells them flatly "she just got better, it's a miracle"

anyways, sometimes these religious jerks believe god 'works through us' or whatever but then they don't approve of actual medicine wtf?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parents put childs life into "god's hands", and he dies - by Schlacko - Apr 25 2013, 12:43 AM