Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valve Lets Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Players Police Themselves
J33f, post: 93324, member: 17021 Wrote:It's an interesting concept, trying to prove and believe that humanity on the internet is still capable and functional to be intelligent and respectful.
While my optimism is high for this event, I personally hated CS:GO, and haven't played very much of it compared to the amount of CS:S I've played.
Might be a better platform to attempt on CS:S, considering the hacking and griefing, but then again admin's are more prevalent on CS:S per server, so ... meh?

would be pointless on CSS, there is no matchmaking or valve servers, it's all community based servers which already have VAC and SMAC implemented and have admins on as you said.

CSGO matchmaking desperately needs anti-cheat, it seems like there is none whatsoever at the present moment with tons of wallers and aimboters/nospreaders in the higher ranks. They'll just wall at first but when they start losing and think you cheat, then they'll turn their aimbot 100% and thne there's no point getting out of spawn.

I saw a video of a guy who got the overwatch beta and it seems like it will work really well because it is not open to everyone, only certain people have it that valve think are qualified (people with helpful youtube channels, long time steam users, professional players) and therefore that certainly limits the drawbacks of this service. Basically all you do is watch a recorded demo of the reported player, and at the end say if it is cheats, trolling or if theres not enough evidence for either. Hopefully some cheaters will start getting banned

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valve Lets Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Players Police Themselves - by ceddeeoo - May 25 2013, 05:06 PM