Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denied  Unban Request
Name: ctzn.
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:2914543
Server: Popular Maps #2

I've been playing on the (wL) Popular Maps #2 / Dust 2 servers for the last week or so. Logged in today and played a few rounds and it stated I was banned. Not sure why, but I definitely don't cheat... I've been playing CS/DOD since Alpha/Beta 1999-2000 and wouldn't even bother to try.

It's been a few years since I started Steam and jumped on any servers (new child, life...) and thought I'd kill some time (work MacBook Air, decent fps, what gives). I can barely keep a positive score, so cheating is definitely out of the question. I hope this can be overturned as I've enjoyed playing on your servers, there's quite a bit of great players and it's definitely fun to kill time at night. I'm pretty sure you could ask anyone on there and they would agree.

A few communities to help verify no cheat history...

(Day of Defeat) -- Kustom Kettle since 2002 (Admin/Server Manager/Web)
=(eGO)= Council/Advisor - DOD Server Management

Hope this can be resolved so I can get back to your great servers.

Regards,

Jake

Double post

Edit: Something about 'Eye Test Violation'. Not sure what this is. I've reset all settings to default, still nothing. The only settings I have changed are my video settings (making adjustments with screen resolution on this 13" screen) and a custom config file for low-performance machines. Will re-installing Steam/Source fix anything? I guess I'll find out -- I'm in the process of re-downloading.

I do have an HP ProBook that may run CS with decent fps. I may have to try that. Hopefully this can get resolved soon, I enjoyed the server (there aren't many out there that have a good location and regular player base that run decent maps). I'm not some random punk kid, I've been there before on the Administrator and only game when I have free time -- which is very little, but I would like to continue on these servers. Thanks for reading. Smile

Double post

Ahh, I think I found the problem in the script I used for low-performance machines. I also installed a few L4D2 and ZM that may have altered something. (Complete re-install in progress now, 58%).

r_drawparticles "1"
r_drawrenderboxes "1"
r_drawskybox "0"

These are no-nos. False positive for SMAC possibly because of these commands? I can post the whole script list if needed. This has been my one and only Steam account for years, never been banned from any server until now.

Double post

Another command line from the script (after doing research).

cl_particles_show_bbox 1

Double post

After a complete re-install I am able to now connect to other SMAC enabled servers.
REJECTED

It isn't possible to trigger a false positive. This ban was certainly valid.

I suspect you're worried about your friends finding out about this... Alas, I cannot help you. :oops:

-CLOSED-
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol