Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Fools 2013: Unexpected news
Yes this was an April fools joke, hope you enjoyed it Smile.

Quote:Hi,

I have some unexpected news to share with all of you.

We have decided to sell the gaming portion of War-Lords.net to Frag Ready Game Servers. This acquisition is part of Frag Ready Game Servers's campaign to spread brand awareness to the gaming community.

Frag Ready Game Servers is a start-up Game Server Provider which sells top-notch servers out of their premium datacentre in Chicago. Their steam community page is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FragReady.

Frag Ready Game Servers will continue to operate all existing CS:S servers and plans to continue expanding them. The handover and a name change will take place on April 20, 2013. We will be around to help sort out and alleviate issues while the transition takes place.

This decision has been very difficult on us. We've had these sort of offers from other organizations in the past, but never actually considered them.

However, due to personal commitments Bison, Anubis and Me have been running out of spare time to run something as big as War-Lords.net. Also recent trouble with our ad providers has made us short on funds. We are no longer able to continue financing the servers.

We did have other options, such as axing the majority of servers, but we feel it would stunt future growth and decimate most of our community. Selling our server operations seemed the best option since it would both preserve and expand the community.

I expect most of the current admins will be taken on to help maintain order in the servers. This is, of course, assuming they wish to stay.

This isn't where we thought we'd end up when we first started this, but it's been fun while it lasted. Thanks to all the help from admins and players over the years, we couldn't have kept a community like this going without you.

Cheers,
The Roots.
Highly unexpected, but understandable given the responsibilities, funds and time that is available. I have to say much appreciated for the time you all put into this community, so from myself I would like to thank each of you (Bison, Matt, Anubis) for everything and hope this transition will be a positive one.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
please dont delete the community .....we all will be here forever.....we all.........
so sadSad
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
Yeah, it's been great knowing and playing with you all.
I know this will come as a shock to many, and I can understand any anger some might feel at the brevity of this notice, but please understand, the staff here at war-lords were asked not to disclose any of this information until a clear decision had been made one way or the other.
From all I've heard, the guys over at Frag Ready are keen on preserving the experience that war-lord players have come to expect from our servers (Mike, Phil, and Steve from Frag Ready Game Servers have all played here quite a lot), and although ownership will be changing hands, there should be hardly any noticeable difference for the end users.
Mike is one of the guys who actually introduced me to CS:S and war-lords back in 2011 and has a lot of cool ideas.
Cheers all.
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
Fuzzy Izzie, post: 88710, member: 9457 Wrote:Yeah, it's been great knowing and playing with you all.
I know this will come as a shock to many, and I can understand any anger some might feel at the brevity of this notice, but please understand, the staff here at war-lords were asked not to disclose any of this information until a clear decision had been made one way or the other.
From all I've heard, the guys over at Frag Ready are keen on preserving the experience that war-lord players have come to expect from our servers (Mike, Phil, and Steve from Frag Ready Game Servers have all played here quite a lot), and although ownership will be changing hands, there should be hardly any noticeable difference for the end users.
Mike is one of the guys who actually introduced me to CS:S and war-lords back in 2011 and has a lot of cool ideas.
Cheers all.
who is mike?
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
thavs, post: 88711, member: 16525 Wrote:who is mike?
One of the guys we've been talking to at Frag Ready...
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
From what I've seen they are not community, they are small business. Their forums are dead and client support oriented. This was a good place.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Well, it was fun having you as roots. Didn't expect them to review demos and mute ragers till they were 60. Tongue (Though, for all we know, Bison is 60 already)

It has been fun.
Does this mean the 500ms ping restriction will remain? Will the servers still remain in SoCal?
Will there be new seniors?
I just recently acquired Frag Ready. I look forward to seeing you all on the new servers