Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karma - Community Moderating
Promotes bandwagon trolling, which happens in most threads. For example, if you can't do your job as a moderator, what makes you think you can fix moderating?
Rutroll will have the worst karma. Its likely that people here will race to get the worst karma rep vs a good karma rep. Seeing as we are surrounded with trolls.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
The only problem I see with this is, people not using it seriously, or even correctly for that matter. Most of the people on here would just down vote others because it'd be "funny" or for simply no reason.

_RemiX Wrote:Its likely that people here will race to get the worst karma rep vs a good karma rep
That too. People will think it's cool because they have -87 karma and make fun of the guy with +112. Who knows.

Personally, I love the idea of the karma system on forums, but this forum wouldn't handle it responsibly imo. Unless there was a way so that only moderators and administrators could do it? Not only to help keep it controlled, but it would be more reliable? I don't know, throwing ideas.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

Eternal, post: 88940, member: 478 Wrote:The only problem I see with this is, people not using it seriously, or even correctly for that matter. Most of the people on here would just down vote others because it'd be "funny" or for simply no reason.

That too. People will think it's cool because they have -87 karma and make fun of the guy with +112. Who knows.
Also known as: immaturity.
users with negative karma won't have any effect on others.

they would only have "powers" to downvote/upvote other user's karma only when they are positive.

everyone starts 0 karma, other than the roots/senior admins/ moderators to start this out.

Double post

anyway, if you guys have been to MISC section in forum.bodybuilding.com, you'll find the crowd there are much immatured to the trolls here.

the system works because there are a handful of respected users, other than the moderators who keeps them in check.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Could work if the only moderators / seniors has this function. Promote the members contributions/negatives.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
_RemiX, post: 88935, member: 3519 Wrote:Rutroll will have the worst karma. Its likely that people here will race to get the worst karma rep vs a good karma rep. Seeing as we are surrounded with trolls.

Your full of hate comments are warmer than any negative karma, thank you=)
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
I don't think it will work/be used correctly. And giving only admins and mods the option is an almost equally bad idea I think. Certain behaviour is definitely not exclusive to non-admins, so I've noticed.
just to start it out. mods/senior admins/roots have some sense of maturity. frankly speaking.

main goal is to enable everyone to have a part in keeping the content trollfree. I understand it might have some loopholes, or it looks that way. anyway thanks for the valid points brought up gaiz.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus, post: 88977, member: 1060 Wrote:just to start it out. mods/senior admins/roots have some sense of maturity. frankly speaking.

main goal is to enable everyone to have a part in keeping the content trollfree. I understand it might have some loopholes, or it looks that way. anyway thanks for the valid points brought up gaiz.
Mods who edit other people's messages? Senior admins? You can replace word Sr. Admins with Joker. Roots - Bison, Matt, anubis. So let me rephrase you, Joker, Bison, Matt, anubis and forum moderators including YOU and a few other dumb individuals for which the only way to troll is edit someone's message. No server admins? Enable it for all forum users or don't enable it at all. Side note, if asparagus was proficient enough in gymnastics he would have sucked his own dick everyday first thing in the morning.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]