Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dust2 DeathMatch Server needs work
Hi. The D2 DM server needs a medic.
  • Terrible registry. It is almost non existent.
  • cl_forwardspeed seems to be too low, although could just be my perception.
  • Nades have some weird interaction where they cause you to almost stop moving
The server is just losing its appeal. You can awp a player directly in the center of the chest and nothing happens. The server clearly needs to be restarted more often. I don't know. If anyone feels that these complaints are bogus let me know. I don't have a problem being told I am a whiner. Just my opinions.
The regs fine for me, I just wished Bison changed the spawn points.
yea you can really experience the wl reg in d2dm, many deag head shots leaving bloody faces but no reg.

spawns never got fixed also, id much rather play HG d2dm any day mostly because of their better spawns
shazbot, post: 95178, member: 6477 Wrote:You can awp a player directly in the center of the chest and nothing happens.
Did you actually check whether it reg'd? An awp to the chest is ~100-110 damage. Players get 25 extra health through health packs (up to 150). Only a headshot with an awp is guaranteed to kill players, since it does >400 damage.

ceddeeoo, post: 95183, member: 9052 Wrote:many deag head shots leaving bloody faces but no reg.
Same applies to this. A deagle headshot does ~100-105 damage.

Riser, post: 95181, member: 992 Wrote:The regs fine for me, I just wished Bison changed the spawn points.
We already have 4 different spawn presets, but I always get busy when I want to code the preset loader. The idea was to swap the spawn points every 10 minutes or so.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I did not check to see if it reg'd. Wouldn't even know how. But when you put deagle crosshairs directly on an afk's head and pull the trigger and he is still standing there, somethings up. Look. I am not the only one saying this. If you play the server for a while a lot of people comment about it. I have been playing cs for a long time. I have played on this server for quite some time. Sometimes reg is perfect. Seems to be right after updates are installed. Most of the time it is not so good.
Reg seems fine to me. When you experience this bad regness can you type net_graph 4 into your console and screenshot it please?
Look I feel like a whiner. Frankly I am kind of embarrassed to be complaining about an online video game. I love the server it is very fun. But it is constantly problematic. The registry sucks. It is not just me experiencing this. Players chat about it all the time. The server has clearly not been restarted in days as evidenced by the health pack plugin which has been broken for at least four days. It is laggy. I know about lerp and lag compensation and interpolation. I have fooled with the respective config file settings but have never found something which works. What is the tick rate of the DM server? Any suggested rates? Anyway here is a net_graph 4 screenshot.
[Image: U6bWg6o.png]
shazbot, post: 100047, member: 6477 Wrote:The server has clearly not been restarted in days
It seems the restart scheduler on it jammed a month ago. I've went ahead and reset it.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
bring your lerp to white color
[Image: 21103919493_c13c1c093d_o.png]