Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Admin Abuse EZ Target [EXPIRED]
xXThatNubXx, post: 101044, member: 16818 Wrote:The MOTD was your warning. Disregarding it, your fault. Very few admins even warn about inappropiate language like that. The silence is valid.
I am referring to him doing so while I was absent from the game.
Ok, I guess I should chime in here, since I am, once again, under fire as an "Admin Abuser", by one of those I have supposedly wronged. You make a couple of wrong assumptions here, Tricky.

1. I have to inform you that I am banning you or restricting your comms. I don't. Any Admin can add a Ban without being in game.
2. I have to warn you. Your warning, as ThatNub stated, is the MOTD. Thinking that you are going to receive some type of "Last Chance" warning, when you already know how to act / behave is just, well, outside the realm of reasonable expectation.

I also took an afk from the game, joined Spectators, after I saw what you typed in chat. The thing that took me the longest was deciding whether just to remove your comms for the day, or give you a 1 day ban completely. I don't tolerate racist language in any shape, fashion, or form. Period. I was leaning toward the ban, honestly, because for some reason, you think its fun to troll me in voice chat. Well, that is now over. I went with the comms ban for one day, and I stand by that. Now that you have a history, should you continue any comms violations, the punishments will be extended to greater lengths of time. Continue to troll me or any other Admin, and we shall move directly to the Ban portion of the options.
[Image: 552360_101.png]
I haven't seen any abuse from this admin but i heard he banned ranger for a day which is awesome and makes this invalid. Tongue tricky you know what you did. "But I'm black. It's okay for me to say that word." and "No sir, I in fact said niqqa, which is a bastardization of an Icelandic word which translates to "Please enjoy the game, my peaceful and loving comrades." As for bypassing the filter, I was offering to be unmuted for long enough to speak to Kuma and then I would be placed back on mute once we had communicated what was necessary." were worth the thread alone.
Masterful1, post: 101046, member: 3284 Wrote:Ok, I guess I should chime in here, since I am, once again, under fire as an "Admin Abuser", by one of those I have supposedly wronged. You make a couple of wrong assumptions here, Tricky.

1. I have to inform you that I am banning you or restricting your comms. I don't. Any Admin can add a Ban without being in game.
2. I have to warn you. Your warning, as ThatNub stated, is the MOTD. Thinking that you are going to receive some type of "Last Chance" warning, when you already know how to act / behave is just, well, outside the realm of reasonable expectation.

I also took an afk from the game, joined Spectators, after I saw what you typed in chat. The thing that took me the longest was deciding whether just to remove your comms for the day, or give you a 1 day ban completely. I don't tolerate racist language in any shape, fashion, or form. Period. I was leaning toward the ban, honestly, because for some reason, you think its fun to troll me in voice chat. Well, that is now over. I went with the comms ban for one day, and I stand by that. Now that you have a history, should you continue any comms violations, the punishments will be extended to greater lengths of time. Continue to troll me or any other Admin, and we shall move directly to the Ban portion of the options.

I refer once again to the fact that niqqa is in fact not racist, as it comes from the language of my nomadic people who were taken under captivity by Leif Erikson in the early 1500's. I would also like to point out that I in no way ever implied that I expected a warning before such disciplinary actions were taken. Translated into layman's terms, one could say "I don't want your dirty warning" and I would also enjoy quoting such fine cinematic material as a scene from Home Alone (the first one of course, the second and third were just marketing ploys) where Kevin tells the pizza delivery guy to "Keep the change, you filthy animal."

All in all, I find this thread to be quite disheartening and lacking the team spirit that I expect from all participants in this year's Hunger Games. Half the distance to the goal, repeat 3rd down, Bruce Willis is dead, Challenger was a hoax, we've never landed on the moon, and thanks Obama.
Signing off,
tricky
P.S. You're a weird person and your mother dresses you funny.
Why the word ni**a is banned word ? Because it might hurt other people's feeling . It is a sensitive slur EVEN if you're black yourself .
To me , you're just selfish . You're not thinking of other people's view of the word .
"People scream when I Scrim"
[Image: ghostcat-300x230.jpg]
Ghosty, post: 101051, member: 15215 Wrote:Why the word ni**a is banned word ? Because it might hurt other people's feeling . It is a sensitive slur EVEN if you're black yourself .
To me , you're just selfish . You're not thinking of other people's view of the word .
Look at my Icelandic culture niqqa. It's nothing but love, respect for all views, and not just tolerance but acceptance of all ways of life! To call such a thing as being open minded "selfish" is just churlish of you, Anne Frank-ly I don't desire to belong to any such community where global respect is trampled upon. I say good to you sir, and may the urine gods rain their blessings down upon you.
tricky, post: 101055, member: 17403 Wrote:Look at my Icelandic culture niqqa. It's nothing but love, respect for all views, and not just tolerance but acceptance of all ways of life! To call such a thing as being open minded "selfish" is just churlish of you, Anne Frank-ly I don't desire to belong to any such community where global respect is trampled upon. I say good to you sir, and may the urine gods rain their blessings down upon you.
You are playing on an American server now. Just refrain from using it, no matter what culture you are from. In our eyes it is an attempt to bypass our language script. Period.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator