Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prohibit non-english languages
What cucu said. Big Grin
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
In that case a lot of Americans would be in trouble "cs talkn like dis isnt english, dey better aks admins dunt ban me plox"

Plus: trash talk isn't against the rules, pop maps is full of trash talking game nerds.
http://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/%E...E%E3%80%82
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
There are !language channels for a reason.
cucubelu, post: 101701, member: 15378 Wrote:People come from all over the world to our servers because they know what to expect: Highly populated English servers, great admins, Players of all caliber, and a great community among other things. Key words to remember is "English Speaking Server". Doesn't mean they always have to type in English, but not to forget that only typing in their native tongue is a show of disrespect to everyone else on the server.

Imagine if you were to sit with 10 people around the dinner table in England, and two of the people started talking in their native tongue. At first the remaining 8 people wouldn't mind that, but if it continued for longer conversations and higher intensity it would be a great show of disrespect to everyone, and it would cause annoyance towards everyone else. Which is what should be avoided.

We don't want our majority players feel disrespected because someone wants to "loud-mouth" in a different language by text or voice. These are English servers after all.

Hope this clarifies where my position on the matter is. Remember, I from now and then do type in Swedish to another player in Office, but those conversations are very limited to a few sentences at most =)

Yeah!!! Imagine two guys shouting at each other but neither understands the other.

JayCat, post: 101700, member: 2104 Wrote:We ban you and make you change your forum name to a name that one of our admins used to use.

Why you mad ,old man! go back to senior citizens center <3
This reminds me of the Yemen people and GNRz/HBGz on zombies server, they each speak arabic or spanish, They just do it in chat, Nobody's bothered, they do speak trash sometimes but nobody gives a dam because if you dont know, it doesnt hurt you, and if your curious like myself, just be curious enough to look at the chat and question it, dont get an answer, but just ponder on it, perhaps, it could be something good, never know, just know that they are typing/speaking like that for a reason, mainly they don't want everyone being like "ARE YOU TALKING ? ABOUT ME, GO ? YOURSURF". Or that they don't know english, but they do, Except for the russians... day lurk engirsh lungage
[Image: 0iLGJVx.jpg]
cucubelu, post: 101701, member: 15378 Wrote:People come from all over the world to our servers because they know what to expect: Highly populated English servers, great admins, Players of all caliber, and a great community among other things. Key words to remember is "English Speaking Server". Doesn't mean they always have to type in English, but not to forget that only typing in their native tongue is a show of disrespect to everyone else on the server.

Imagine if you were to sit with 10 people around the dinner table in England, and two of the people started talking in their native tongue. At first the remaining 8 people wouldn't mind that, but if it continued for longer conversations and higher intensity it would be a great show of disrespect to everyone, and it would cause annoyance towards everyone else. Which is what should be avoided.

We don't want our majority players feel disrespected because someone wants to "loud-mouth" in a different language by text or voice. These are English servers after all.

Hope this clarifies where my position on the matter is. Remember, I from now and then do type in Swedish to another player in Office, but those conversations are very limited to a few sentences at most =)
Big Grin
[Image: 21103919493_c13c1c093d_o.png]
My English is not fluent but I still insist speaking in it because I know it's a international server. If my dialogue box is almost filled with foreign languages, it really causes an annoyance to me. It's okay for me if they do it slightly but not overdo with it.