Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prohibit non-english languages
Non-english languages need to be disallowed. These are English speaking servers based in the US.
I do not support this. Worldwide culture is one way to make people interact in a community.

Besides, we can always use translators to see what people are saying anyways.

Warden
Steam Status:
[Image: 76561198006067879.png]
Global Offensive Stats:
[Image: graphic.png]
* Please add or message me if you need something. *
--- War-Lords Veteran / STEAM ID: flamewarden77 ---
Click to view ---> My Twitch Profile
War-lords is an international community. Your statement is invalid.
[Image: 1296721_601.png]
I think people are already speaking English in the servers.
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
Interact in a community? Are you talking about the cliques of Filipinos that congregate together and trash talk and verbally abuse others behind their backs in some incomprehensible language? You must be kidding me.
Which server are we talking about?
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
I enforce English when it gets out of hand. This is an English International Based community, it doesn't mean people can't occasional type in their native language in chat, but when it gets to a point that server is sick of it, you have to understand that people come here to play and interact with everyone, and if someone is speaking in a non-native server language it becomes very frustrating for them because they don't understand or know how to communicate back to you.

Everyone should make an effort to speak English and interact with the community, as the community is trying to interact with you. There are no specific rules to this, so it isn't enforced most of the times.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
What if someone like me doesn't understand engrish =\
Hostage, post: 101699, member: 4929 Wrote:What if someone like me doesn't understand engrish =\

We ban you and make you change your forum name to a name that one of our admins used to use.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
Hostage, post: 101699, member: 4929 Wrote:What if someone like me doesn't understand engrish =\
People come from all over the world to our servers because they know what to expect: Highly populated English servers, great admins, Players of all caliber, and a great community among other things. Key words to remember is "English Speaking Server". Doesn't mean they always have to type in English, but not to forget that only typing in their native tongue is a show of disrespect to everyone else on the server.

Imagine if you were to sit with 10 people around the dinner table in England, and two of the people started talking in their native tongue. At first the remaining 8 people wouldn't mind that, but if it continued for longer conversations and higher intensity it would be a great show of disrespect to everyone, and it would cause annoyance towards everyone else. Which is what should be avoided.

We don't want our majority players feel disrespected because someone wants to "loud-mouth" in a different language by text or voice. These are English servers after all.

Hope this clarifies where my position on the matter is. Remember, I from now and then do type in Swedish to another player in Office, but those conversations are very limited to a few sentences at most =)
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator