Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allowing custom skins
Well first of all, just for a thought this is an awesome server. Like me, some gamers out there would really like to see something new out of the old game(CS:Source). Without further adieu, I would like to suggest of allowing custom skins in the future thus would be a plus factor knowing that a new CS:Source game fix is on its way. Please post comments/ any interest on this suggestion.
Ikr i tried to install the flash and smoke texture hack but i couldn't because the server didn't allow custom skins.

But seriously what type of custom skins are you trying to install? (gun skins and player model skins work)
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
Donut, post: 101971, member: 16662 Wrote:Ikr i tried to install the flash and smoke texture hack but i couldn't because the server didn't allow custom skins.

But seriously what type of custom skins are you trying to install? (gun skins and player model skins work)

...Well thanks for the reply, from my experience smoke and flash even in an allowed custom skins servers will crash your game but depending on how it was made but there are certain smoke and flash that works fine online. As for me I have lots of custom skins from weapons, playermodels, smoke effects, sounds, props/background materials..etc. Scripting and DLL's are the only ones delicate thing I consider changing -the console clearly flashes these rules. So as long as it doesn't affect others, therefore its fairly to say ok to custom skins just like before the 2013 update.

Double post

Any reply from the members or staff?
The servers run sv_pure 2 to deter cheating. I don't think it's a good idea to disable it.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
It was disabled before. It was pretty nasty.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Isn't there a way to ban most of the super obvious cheater skins( Pink skins as ive heard of notoriously) and the user that intends to use them, while not banning people that just use cool skins because they want to have their own cool type guns in game.
Like a script or something that knows which models/colors of models to look for and bans the person from using them, and for that matter any other cheating type things surrounding skins and their various mechanics?
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Lieutenant Josh, post: 102323, member: 946 Wrote:Isn't there a way to ban most of the super obvious cheater skins( Pink skins as ive heard of notoriously) and the user that intends to use them, while not banning people that just use cool skins because they want to have their own cool type guns in game.
Like a script or something that knows which models/colors of models to look for and bans the person from using them, and for that matter any other cheating type things surrounding skins and their various mechanics?
It not as easy to detect them as you might think, some of Bison's scripts take them out, others are not as evidently prone to be caught that way. A few of us admins suspected a few to cheat, and guess what, when the sv_pure 2 came into affect 85% of the people we suspected disappeared from the servers.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
@ Lieutenant Josh
While server is on sv_pure 2 that maybe sums up the whole "skins" which includes 'scripts' that really alters the gameplay.