Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CoD: Ghosts - HIGH END PC Requirement
CoD: Ghosts will need 6GB RAM, 50GB install
[Image: codghosts.jpg]
October 8, 2013 - 7:17am
At one point or another in a PC enthusiast's history, he'll have heard the immortal words, "but can it run Crysis?" Well in the future, we might be saying the same about Call of Duty Ghosts, as not only does it need a 64bit OS, 6GB of RAM and a massive 50GB of space to install, but the recommended GPU is a GTX 780.

Chances are if you're visiting a site like Megagames, your PC is meaty enough that it's already sporting at least 8GB of RAM and a nice GPU, but even some of you may quake at the thought of requiring a GTX 780 for recommended performance. I shudder to think what the ultra setting requirement would be.

Of course SSD users aren't going to be happy with the 50GB install either. That's going to eat up almost half of their total C drive. Many of those likely to be affected have queried why the install size is so great, considering most MMOs don't even clock in to half of that size.

It ultimately comes down to the huge textures the game is using, potentially supporting 4k resolutions. This would certainly give us the reasoning behind needing 6GB of RAM too - preloading those bad boys would take a while.

It would also be a good suggestion to play it with an SSD to help preload said textures, but then again, you'll want one over 100GB in size.

Source: http://megagames.com/news/cod-ghosts-wil...gb-install
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
when most harddrives are 750GB nowadays...

but the GTX 760 requirement is extreme, especially with current market prices.

I wonder where people get the kinda money for that.
Steam Status:
[Image: 76561198006067879.png]
Global Offensive Stats:
[Image: graphic.png]
* Please add or message me if you need something. *
--- War-Lords Veteran / STEAM ID: flamewarden77 ---
Click to view ---> My Twitch Profile
There goes the COD, This is the first year of 64-bit only PC games and this is also the first new game engine Call of Duty has had in over a decade New engines take time to optimize things down and Activision is clueless as hell onhow to optimize it. I am sure they get it to reasonable level by launch...but I'd like to play it on console.

cod is real men's game!
Screw the graphics! I've seen their trailer, there weren't much next gen graphics being shown off except for plants and fish ais, it didn't look all that stunning like the developers said it would be. Damn 6yr old crysis looked a whole lot better then that. But what about gameplay? Any changes/improvements to that? Of course not. It's fking cod were talking about and they're not gonna change shit. It seems the only thing that changed is the price..
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
Hope It won't be a disappointment compared to MW3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
CoD 4, the best of it's series!
[Image: 1049012_101.png][Image: WANTED_1.jpg]
"6GB RAM, 50GB install"

Another reason to not buy cod this year, lol.
WOP DA MAN, STREET CRED, YAYA
I am already pumping a 780 card... I knew I was going to have to buy another 780 for Watch Dogs, just never expected CoD to come close to these requirements. I need Cyber Monday meow!
Pshh... My system can already handle this. Impress or intimidate me already!
[Image: 552360_101.png]
Masterful1, post: 102617, member: 3284 Wrote:Pshh... My system can already handle this. Impress or intimidate me already!
What the ball sack. What kind of system you running? You hooked up the NSA super computer?