Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Approved  Romans I XVI Ban Appeal
Name: Romans I XVI
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:33363846
Server: (wL) 24/7 Crackhouse Deathmatch :: WAR-LORDS.NET

Hi, So I was surprised today when I went to play my favorite deathmatch server only to find I am banned. I know what it was for and honestly if I knew it was a bannable offense I never would have done it. Just messing around i made a script that turns flashlight on and off, here are the contents of that script....

Code:
#!/bin/sh
ok=true
while [ $ok ]; do
    xdotool key f
    sleep 0.1
done

I just wanted to see if it would work, for fun you know, I had no malicious intent. But I definitally won't do it again if that gets detected as "multi-hack". Also when i look at my ban details I see that I recieved another ban today from BAN_EVASION. I am assuming that is because I used a different IP to see if that would let me in.

Again I am very sorry for the problems and I promise not to turn my flashlight on and off in the future. Smile
You will need to wait for M. Bison to answer on this one.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
There's got to be more to it than that. I would not have banned you for spamming your flashlight.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison, post: 106623, member: 359 Wrote:There's got to be more to it than that. I would not have banned you for spamming your flashlight.

Hmm. Well at one point I also tried to add a mouse click to the equation. So I would have been turning light on and off and firing. But that I only did for a couple minutes because it didn't really work.

Also if it makes a difference I played with the intervals of the script some too. So that it presses the F key either faster or slower.
Scripting is only allowed when it relies entirely on built-in features in the game. The use of a 3rd party executable for purposes of bypassing the game's limitations or access to more features is considered cheating. I will lift the ban, but if you continue to run these programs it will stick next time.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol