Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Admin rights abuse
Hello everyone,

I've been playing on the war-lords.net #1 server (popular maps) very often recently (just got into the top 50) but I'd rather not disclose my real nick fearing admin abuse. I wanted to report constant admin rights misuse by Sporkis. At first it was frustrating but it happens so often I just have to say something.

An example of this would be when we get to a map he doesn't like. Say the mapvote ends up with 8 for de_aztec and 6 for de_nuke and cs_italy: if he doesn't want to play on aztec he would start a vote "do you want another map vote?". Obviously since 12 people answered either nuke or italy (compared to only 8 for aztec) then it's going to be yes, after which he does a manual map vote WITHOUT aztec. So even though the players on the server clearly said they wanted to play on aztec just minutes before, we end up on another map simply because Sporkis doesn't like it.
Just to be clear I don't remember which map it was - maybe not aztec, but you get the gist of it.

Just hours ago we were playing terrorists on de_inferno. Half the team cleared the bomb point A and were waiting for the bomb but Sporkis (who had it) was staying near the spawn with his AWP. Someone reminded him rather nicely he had the bomb to which Sporkis angrily replied "shut up before I ban you". Even though no one was complaining and at no moment did he insult him, Sporkis ended up silencing the guy.

Everything I say can probably be checked with the server logs and I have many more examples of this kind of abuse on his part.

Anyway, it's nice to have admins around (xB Gemini for example is very active and useful when there are cheaters around) but Sporkis does more harm than good on the servers. I understand complaining here probably won't change anything but I'm hoping more people will take the time to report on what's happening then maybe something will be done about it.

See you on the servers

//
Thanks for the report, this will be looked in to.
If you see this sort of stuff going on please record it in a demo. You can then send these demos to either Matt, Me, or Anubis by private message so that the admin involved (Sporkis in this case) is not aware of it.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Quote:nyway, it's nice to have admins around (xB Gemini for example is very active and useful when there are cheaters around)

xB Gemini is not an admin...

Quote:. I understand complaining here probably won't change anything
I disagree.
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
Sorry for having posted in the wrong forum, this one is hidden from logged out users so I hadn't seen it before signing up.

M. Bison Wrote:If you see this sort of stuff going on please record it in a demo. You can then send these demos to either Matt, Me, or Anubis by private message so that the admin involved (Sporkis in this case) is not aware of it.
Will do !

xFerior Wrote:xB Gemini is not an admin...
I seem to remember him starting a voteban, or at least he said he did : the admin actions being anonymous  there is no way to know who is or isn't an admin unless they explicitly talk about it.

Anyway, thank you for these awesome servers!
yeah you need at least 4 people (i believe that is correct) to start the voteban, and he must have been the fourth person, making it look like he initiated the vote. Thanks for enjoying the servers  Big Grin
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
Admins have the option to initiate a voteban in the admin menu.
his first comment is false because i dont even know how to use admin to talk/do a vote at the same time( the white text ). i only know how to use the @admin chat. i have been leaving if its a map i dont like, not switching it and im sure matt already knows that i dont change the map i do mp_nominate_addmap, so the next upcoming maps arent always the same.

i hardly ever camp spawn unless our team is being completely crushed, i do buy an awp a lot of the time but then im normally the first one out of spawn to rush and pick someone. for my team to have a site completely and safely taken, while im still at spawn awping would be a very rare site.

and other people can do votebans, in fact i see it happen all the time, i have never done a vote ban on anyone.

look into the issues matt, check the logs. i want u too so i can LOL
just wanna add, take into consideration how many people hate me because they think i cheat, and then add the ones who hate me because of my avatar/spray. there are shit tons of people on the server who would love to see me get banned or have admin taken away just based on those 2 things alone. I have been ensuring a fun experience for people on this server for a while.
You are a good player, and I'm pretty sure you use that nazi swastika because it's fun for you, not because of it's ideology. Just FYI, people respect those who gave up lives to fight this evil in 1940s, that's why some of us get upset.