Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SC2 Tournament. Won't be on CSS!
Wicked, post: 112577, member: 17472 Wrote:Is there a way to learn better Macro/micro skills? I have been watching pro players and tips and it for some reason just doesn't register. Maybe I am just overthinking it. Do you use Grid or the regular hotkey setup?

Double post

I will PM you over the weekend as well by the way.. Busy with school throughout the week the working 40+ hours..
I use the regular hotkey setup. After using it for so long, I no longer strain my fingers with it, and grid is just too much to learn now.

And as for micro, I will use an army of 50 as an example. Bind 10 to one key, 20 to another, and 30 to one more. Get the 30 to take out any fighters, use 20 to take out things like Command Centers/Nexuses/Harvesters, and use the other 10 to take anything else out. Keep them bound so you don't have to click and move, but instead can just select them with a key and click on the map or double-tap the button to see them on the screen and switch between them. Change the binds around as you get further through, and if you know you're fucked, bind them all to one or two keys depending on the number of bases and take out anything that will leave them halted. Supply depots, SCVs, anything like that, so they will struggle while you prosper from their temporary halt.

You can't learn it from watching vids, btw. I can teach strategies, but your APM and general skill level all will improve naturally as you play.

Double post

Oh, and lots of people say selecting your army to take out individual enemy units is good. It is NOT. Unlike Brood War, the AI management of your army is good enough to kill depending on priority. Like, your Marines will automatically take out a Colossus, while keeping the Stalkers from doing much damage, versus you manually selecting to attack the Colossus while Stalkers anally rape your army.

Double post

Sometimes, though, there is a good time to manually attack. If you're at a blocked ramp, and behind it are Siege Tanks, your army will take out the barrier first automatically while the Siege Tanks shred you apart. Manually destroy the Siege Tank, then break the barrier.
[COLOR=rgb(0, 255, 255)][/COLOR]
i love how they incorporated the supply depot-blockade technique into sc2 by making the depots capable of going underground. Big Grin

micro is definitely the hardest part of the game, but it makes all the difference. you can be just as fast as anyone else in terms of mining/building, but if you dont micro, you risk losing the battle long-term.

bah, now i want to install sc2 and start playing...
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End
H0ok3r w A P3n1s™, post: 112598, member: 17690 Wrote:bah, now i want to install sc2 and start playing...

DO IT
[COLOR=rgb(0, 255, 255)][/COLOR]