Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OneShot23 Intro
Good Day,

So a little about myself, I have been playing CS since it was in beta. Good ole times back then I tell you what lol. I have had many game servers and communities along the way. It has been an adventure playing, constructing and administrating though out my time. I have recently stumbled across your CSS Crackhouse server. Crackhouse is one of my favorite maps out there. I have probably remade the map more times than I have actually played it. I am currently working on a remake that is supposed to be a little more realistic. Such as the main house will now have an addict along with a real roof.
I could keep going on and on. But it is nice to be back into the game. I have not played in ages so still a little rusty. My HS percentage is a low 78. Working on getting that up to 89 or higher. So you should all see me on soon. For those that play while I am on and may question my game play, please do not hesitate to ask for my demo. I record all my games for that reason. If you wanna hit me up on steam its kndizzle2 please feel free to do so!

Sincerely,

OneShot23
For those that are interested in the progress with the cs_crackhouse remake...
All that is yellow is a texture that is called "Nodraw" it just means this surface will not be visible. I create the entire map in that yellow and only texture the surfaces the players will see. This reduces the amount of CPU power the map may consume and helps with rendering. Thus this map once it is finished should be smaller than the original crackhouse file size. It is far from finished yet as there is no obstacles on the ground such as cars or boxes. So those will be coming soon!

If you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to post them!

Sincerely,
OneShot23

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Nice, looks a bit plain tho.

TBH if you really want your map to get popular, do something on GO not Source. CSS is almost dead :\
Yeah, there will be much more added. But once the final product is complete then we will be golden. Once I finish the map in CSS then I will just simply convert the file to GO. They made it pretty easy to change it over. But thank you for the advice!

Basement Update

I have began to add the basement (New). Some walls will be completed and some just the starting structure to make it look as an unfinished basement.
Welcome! Map's looking clean so far... I'm not a big crackhouse fan myself, but maybe I'd like your finished version better. You making it in Hammer?
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End
Thank you, and yes it was created in Hammer Editor. It is a great tool and love to use it for mapping. I have made several other types of maps besides. I used to be a large Scoutznknivez, gg, zm and surf fan. So I have a few maps made from that area. But Crackhouse seems to always call back to me lol.