Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:GO coming to Linux?!
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php...y/updates/
This is pretty cool. I don't play GO because I can't run it consistently above 30fps... but I'm hoping to switch over to Linux eventually, and this gives me a bit more incentive (one of the reasons I've stuck with Windows while my dad is all Linux is because of gaming). Just thought I'd share the news. Smile

edit: Not only does it give me a little more incentive to switch over, it gives me incentive to move on from CS:S and start playing GO. Tongue
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End
Isn't it already available on linux?
I think so, but it seems they've fixed a lot of issues. This was the first I'd heard of it though.
-- John Dies at the End
Did a little searching, and it appears that CS:GO for Linux was announced a while back (or it was announced they were working on it anyway), but at least until March of this year it was still just talk.

Here's a guide that was posted 5 months ago for how to get it working on Linux.
-- John Dies at the End
This update didn't fix anything, I think it broke more things (MetaMod / SourceMod is broken). lol

Yet, hopefully I wish that the Linux Fix is deployed soon. It's much needed for custom gamemode servers.
Steam Status:
[Image: 76561198006067879.png]
Global Offensive Stats:
[Image: graphic.png]
* Please add or message me if you need something. *
--- War-Lords Veteran / STEAM ID: flamewarden77 ---
Click to view ---> My Twitch Profile
(Sep 12 2014, 05:40 AM)Warden Stillwater Wrote: This update didn't fix anything, I think it broke more things (MetaMod / SourceMod is broken). lol

Yet, hopefully I wish that the Linux Fix is deployed soon. It's much needed for custom gamemode servers.

Maybe it'll be ready by the time I start using Linux more Wink haha.
-- John Dies at the End
Looks like its happening

http://steamdb.info/app/730/history/