Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  whats the point of having admins?
crashed on pug when i was browsing .stats menu.

reconnected in less than 10 seconds.

raga the admin took the slot

i asked if it was refundable

replied "erm"

nikita and raga were the admins who were in game at the point of time.

just continued with the game.

whats the point of having admins on then?

lmao.
Hi weeweet. I hardly think it's fair if I or anyone for that matter has to give your slot back. The reason being that we would then be put to the back of the sub queue again. At the time there were already 2 people in the queue and I had been waiting patiently for 20 minutes.

Just so you know I would gladly give someones slot back if there was nobody in the sub queue.
[Image: Ragamuff.png]

(wL) 24/7 Office |ASIA| :: WAR-LORDS.NET:
[Image: 1560438_101.png]
it has always been the practice that the slot gets returned unless it was a rage quit or own decision. its ok. i guess now it is fairly clear that slots should not be returned whenever someone crashes. so probably the next time when any pug players get subbed in when other party crashes or retry, returning the slot should not be a priority.

if they go barking for their slots we could all probably remain silent too.

got the picture. thanks

edit: it never is fair now anyway with the .sub being rws balance priority anyway
the main thing here that got me upset here was the fact that 2 admins were in the server but none didnt bother to reply or try to help salvage the issue.
It has always been a problem when someone crashes and expects their slot back.

Usually depends on admin but what I do is, if someone loses their spot(timeout/crash) I ask the person who subbed to give it back only if he asks for it back. If he doesn't, I wont swap him or anything like that. I usually give it back cause I don't care.

The other thing is, me and Bison have discussed before.. how reliable is it to give back the slot to the person who crashed? What if he crashes again? It'll be a disturbance and like Raga mentioned.. the person who subbed would have to go back in the queue.. and if there's already a queue of people... you'd have to swap them.. just too much trouble right?

This has always been an issue, what I tend to do is ignore it... if the person asking for the slot back is being demanding I usually admin all the person who took it to give it back. If he doesn't I won't use my admin to swap him.

tl;dr it all depends on the person who took the spot, regardless of being an admin or not.. the pug system was set up so that everything is done automatically and admins are merely there to make sure players don't break the more important rules like racism, harassment, etc.
(Aug 14 2015, 09:48 AM)Riser Wrote: It has always been a problem when someone crashes and expects their slot back.

Usually depends on admin but what I do is, if someone loses their spot(timeout/crash) I ask the person who subbed to give it back only if he asks for it back. If he doesn't, I wont swap him or anything like that. I usually give it back cause I don't care.

The other thing is, me and Bison have discussed before.. how reliable is it to give back the slot to the person who crashed? What if he crashes again? It'll be a disturbance and like Raga mentioned.. the person who subbed would have to go back in the queue.. and if there's already a queue of people... you'd have to swap them.. just too much trouble right?

This has always been an issue, what I tend to do is ignore it... if the person asking for the slot back is being demanding I usually admin all the person who took it to give it back. If he doesn't I won't use my admin to swap him.

tl;dr it all depends on the person who took the spot, regardless of being an admin or not.. the pug system was set up so that everything is done automatically and admins are merely there to make sure players don't break the more important rules like racism, harassment, etc.

riser i infer from your reply that a slot return is based upon the willingness of the person who took it to return.

today the same problem happened. jii yaww crashed and was barking for the whole server to .kick "Jii-Yaww : kick howzat"

nikita without saying anything just kick the dude who said he would return at half time, which was not far away.

i question the credibility of nikita in this case

is she here to better the warlord community or her own pinoy community?

when i ask for a reply she can simply ignore and and continue to communicate in tagalog with the other pinoys in the server.
(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: riser i infer from your reply that a slot return is based upon the willingness of the person who took it to return.
The return of pug slots to crashed players is a grey area. The handling of it has largely fallen on admin discretion, with the goal being to minimize disturbance. Personally, I handle it in a manner similar to Riser, but that's not always the case. I'm inclined to try returning the pug slot when the sub caused extremely unbalanced teams.

In any case, there's an internal discussion going on about whether the return of pug slots is appropriate, if at all. With any luck we'll reach a consensus, so the rules are more clearly defined and can be applied consistently.

(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: i question the credibility of nikita in this case

I reviewed PUG #32527's demo and I'm not surprised he was kicked. HowZaT subbing in caused a -11.39 RWS stack, which resulted in his team losing 3 consecutive rounds, and also caused them to try with great effort to vote kick him. If he didn't get kicked by an admin, he would have received a 5 minute ban from the vote kick.

(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: nikita without saying anything just kick[ed] the dude who said he would return at half time, which was not far away.
That's pretty misleading. He was kicked at the end of round 6. That leaves 9 more rounds to be played before half time, which I wouldn't consider to be particularly close.

(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: when i ask for a reply she can simply ignore and and continue to communicate in tagalog with the other pinoys in the server.
The admin claims an attempt to discuss the matter with you on Steam was ignored.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote:
(Aug 14 2015, 09:48 AM)Riser Wrote: It has always been a problem when someone crashes and expects their slot back.

riser i infer from your reply that a slot return is based upon the willingness of the person who took it to return.

today the same problem happened. jii yaww crashed and was barking for the whole server to .kick "Jii-Yaww :  kick howzat"

nikita without saying anything just kick the dude who said he would return at half time, which was not far away.

i question the credibility of nikita in this case

when i ask for a reply she can simply ignore and and continue to communicate in tagalog with the other pinoys in the server.

Look mum, im in this post, im famous!
I'm currently on summer break, I don't have a job (Hard to get when you have a criminal record, don't ask). instead, I've been playing 12 hours of CSGO a day. today i was playing hide and seek with my baby brother only to find that I was jiggle peeking corners in real life. I have this crosshair burned into my vision that Im constantly lining up at headshot level. My friends wanted to go out and get pissed today on straya day, i told them that I have to rankup my smurf.
(Aug 18 2015, 08:46 AM)M. Bison Wrote:
(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: riser i infer from your reply that a slot return is based upon the willingness of the person who took it to return.
The return of pug slots to crashed players is a grey area. The handling of it has largely fallen on admin discretion, with the goal being to minimize disturbance. Personally, I handle it in a manner similar to Riser, but that's not always the case. I'm inclined to try returning the pug slot when the sub caused extremely unbalanced teams.

In any case, there's an internal discussion going on about whether the return of pug slots is appropriate, if at all. With any luck we'll reach a consensus, so the rules are more clearly defined and can be applied consistently.

(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: i question the credibility of nikita in this case

I reviewed PUG #32527's demo and I'm not surprised he was kicked. HowZaT subbing in caused a -11.39 RWS stack, which resulted in his team losing 3 consecutive rounds, and also caused them to try with great effort to vote kick him. If he didn't get kicked by an admin, he would have received a 5 minute ban from the vote kick.

(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: nikita without saying anything just kick[ed] the dude who said he would return at half time, which was not far away.
That's pretty misleading. He was kicked at the end of round 6. That leaves 9 more rounds to be played before half time, which I wouldn't consider to be particularly close.

(Aug 17 2015, 10:16 AM)weeweet Wrote: when i ask for a reply she can simply ignore and and continue to communicate in tagalog with the other pinoys in the server.
The admin claims an attempt to discuss the matter with you on Steam was ignored.

wait, so i was kicked... because my TEAM lost 3 consecutive rounds, that seems a bit over the top seeing how Counter Strike is a team based game -___-
I'm currently on summer break, I don't have a job (Hard to get when you have a criminal record, don't ask). instead, I've been playing 12 hours of CSGO a day. today i was playing hide and seek with my baby brother only to find that I was jiggle peeking corners in real life. I have this crosshair burned into my vision that Im constantly lining up at headshot level. My friends wanted to go out and get pissed today on straya day, i told them that I have to rankup my smurf.