Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUG sub queue - return slot to crashed players?
Hi guys/gals,

I would like to discuss with all fellow wL staff what admins can do when a player crashes, rejoins and then wants to take their slot back in the pug.

This has always been a issue in the past but has always seemed to resolve itself in game. Only recently we have had someone question it. Personally i think if someones game crashes it's unfortunate and they should then que up again... but it depends on how many players in the server.

I want to ask if admins have the ability to switch someone to the front of the sub que? OR if the only alternative is to switch players to spec until the rejoining player has taken his place back in the pug?
[Image: Ragamuff.png]

(wL) 24/7 Office |ASIA| :: WAR-LORDS.NET:
[Image: 1560438_101.png]
I'm not sure whether the return of pug slots is a good idea. If they crashed once they could crash again and it would cause even more disruption. One of the two will also be unhappy either way. The player who crashed will argue the pug slot was theirs and they crashed at no fault of their own. The sub will also get upset about losing his !sub position and being forced to wait again after finally being able to play.

My preference is that they willingly give back the pug slot. I'd rather not make any half-assed attempts at enforcing slot returns when it's not clear whether it's for the best, and if it is for the best, then a server-side solution would be far better. If this is a frequent enough problem for people then it suggests their setup is unstable, which is a huge disruption to the game, and they likely shouldn't be playing.

If the person is trying really hard to get the slot back, then I'll help in asking for it back or sometimes I'll give up my own pug slot, but in most cases I won't take admin action either way. The only time it seems worthwhile to return the slot is when the resulting teams are extremely unbalanced and the returning player isn't likely to crash again.

I thought about making a built-in solution to this problem a very long time ago, back when I was making the PUG plugin. I didn't do it because 1). in most cases there are no subs so they can simply rejoin, and 2). the possibility of multiple crashes, which opens the door to even more disruptions. I didn't think the meager gains were worth the effort of coding it.

(Aug 18 2015, 06:22 AM)Raga Wrote: if the only alternative is to switch players to spec until the rejoining player has taken his place back in the pug?
Presently yes, unless you can convince people to turn off their .sub
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Maybe if you guys somehow make it so if you join back within a predetermined time (lets say a minute) you get bumped to the front of the sub queue, if you join later, then bad luck. somthing like this would stop people from coming back in 5mins saying "i crashed, give me my spot back"
I'm currently on summer break, I don't have a job (Hard to get when you have a criminal record, don't ask). instead, I've been playing 12 hours of CSGO a day. today i was playing hide and seek with my baby brother only to find that I was jiggle peeking corners in real life. I have this crosshair burned into my vision that Im constantly lining up at headshot level. My friends wanted to go out and get pissed today on straya day, i told them that I have to rankup my smurf.