Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:S crashes on joining server
I have recently got Counter Strike : Source and have been playing for a week now. The Warlords de_dust2 DM server has become my favourite server, but unfortunately now whenever I try to join the server the game just crashes at the end of joining process(At "Sending Client info" part) instantly to the desktop without any warning or error message. I found out that this happens only with all of the Warlords servers, and not with others. Please help. Sad
The Singapore Dust2 DM? I updated some stuff on it. Let me know whether it fixed the problem.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Thanks for the reply. The problem isn't resolved yet. However, yesterday I was able to play on the Singapore de_dust2 DM server but I was unable to see my weapons or any terrorist as they were all invisible. I was able to see the CTs(and that's all I needed). I decided to play a bit and then try to disconnect and reconnect to resolve this but when I tried to join again, the game crashed like before, without any error message, freeze time, or warnings. And till now I'm not able to join it.  Sad
Finally got the servers working! The custom skins were the problem. I removed them and everything is working fine again. I wish I can keep them as they are awesome.

Anyway, War-lords server run on sv_pure 2, right? So why are custom skins affecting the game when joining the servers?
sv_pure 2 fully prohibits custom files. Upon connecting, the server will then go to valve server files and to your game dir to compare files, if something mismatches then the connection will be rejected.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
I was able to join the server for like 5 days even if I had custom weapon skins, so I doubt the connection will be rejected if the files are mismatched.