Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems playing on servers on my hotspt
I am on an xfinity hotspot. I can play on every other server except the warlord pug servers and sniper server. Euro ones are there to join. Why?! Help :/

dont mind my ping on the second one, im downloading l4d2

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

xfinity hotspot (along with many VPN services) are prohibited here. Yes, they have very legitimate uses, but there is no way to ascertain the individual's intent. Their use correlates with a higher frequency of cheating and ban circumvention attempts, and are consequently blocked here.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
(Oct 14 2015, 09:13 PM)M. Bison Wrote: xfinity hotspot (along with many VPN services) are prohibited here. Yes, they have very legitimate uses, but there is no way to ascertain the individual's intent. Their use correlates with a higher frequency of cheating and ban circumvention attempts, and are consequently blocked here.

jesus, my internet gets shut off, and i can use an xfinity hotspot, but i actually cant to play pugs lmao, everything you just said made sense, but at the same time, did not, only because this game is nearly dead, why block something when i have been playing in the servers for a good time now 8 months, and i honestly have not seen any cheaters.
can you honestly tell me how that makes any sense? because as far as im concerned you steamid ban people. has nothing to do with their IP address. if you think that people on hotspots are going to cheat over people on router or modem, im completely confused because they are probably going to cheat anyway. hell, maybe theres 1000 people out there trying to play cs source and cant see the pug servers because they are blocked.
(Oct 14 2015, 09:16 PM)kennethketchumjr Wrote: jesus, my internet gets shut off, and i can use an xfinity hotspot, but i actually cant to play pugs lmao
Heh... I've been in a similar situation before. Tongue

(Oct 14 2015, 09:16 PM)kennethketchumjr Wrote: why block something when i have been playing in the servers for a good time now 8 months, and i honestly have not seen any cheaters.
This is a blanket ban and it's not by any means directed at you. The majority of cheating is perpetuated by a minority of people, and it's primarily the same individuals over and over again. These restrictions (along with several others) make it all the more difficult for them to circumvent and cheat more.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol