Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS: S  Steam Dedicated server Issues (steamcmd)(srcds.exe)
Hey there I am new to the forums and as well the site. I have been playing CSS for quite some time now and decided to setup my own server.
I have completed the setup, i did not use the halflifeupdate tool or system cuz it getting older so i used the newer "steamcmd" console and plugins to create my server. I can start the server and get it up and going without issues and i can join it, but it only shows up in my LAN tab and not on the internet search if your trying to find a server. i have tried the port forwarding but not sure how to open the ports in my routers. (linksys)(wrt54gl) model routers, X2 also i am having an issue with two of my plugins for the server, one is obviously "mani_admin_plugin_mm" and the other is [CSSDM]2.1.4. I have tried changing the target line in the properties of the srcds.exe and the server will start but it gives me a msg saying "the procedure entry point GetCVarlF could not be located in the dynamic library" - c:\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\mani_admin_plugin.dll. i have tried 2-3 other versions of mani and one wont even let the server load and the two others say the same thing i have created my vdf file and added my self as admin, that was no problem. I am fairly familiar with computers and how to do things with them and things of that nature, i just built this rig that i am using now and i love it, and i was wanting to use it to run my css server with. if anyone knows anything about any of these issues or can help me i would really appreciate it a lot!! oh and i do enjoy playing on the css-dm servers operated by you guys! hope to hear something soon! Thanks!!
-Fubar
-FubarX
Is the server hosted on a separate computer? It should be because it needs to be logged in on a different steam account.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
You need to forward your ports in order for it to be online.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...p?t=524552

Replace your mani-admin with sourcemod and install your DM mods through sourcemod plugins.
(Mar 21 2016, 05:29 PM)taraN Wrote: You need to forward your ports in order for it to be online.

Replace your mani-admin with sourcemod and install your DM mods through sourcemod plugins.

ok i will give it a try when i get my next day off and see how it goes, and for the port forwarding, i can log into my router and locate the port forwarding tab and port forwarding range tab but im not sure exactley what to change on them. i know what ports the server needs to have open for the net i just not 100% on how to enter them into the router configuration. i kinda almost need a step by step for the port issue and some more specified guidance on the plugin issues. if i can ill try and get a screen shot when i can! thanks tho for your info ill keep you guys up with it and see how it goes if it works or have any luck at all. thank you very much tho again and if anyone of you may know how and have more detailed info on what to do i would gladly take it!
-FUBAR
-FubarX
Do not use manimod. https://www.sourcemod.net/

Before even getting to the point of installing mods/plugins make sure your server is working correctly. Setup a vanilla server and get a friend to try join with connect <your ip:port> in console to make sure everything is working.

Make sure sv_lan is set to 0 in your server.cfg, if it is what does the server console say, it should give you a reason its going into LAN mode.
(Mar 22 2016, 08:03 PM)Fubar Wrote:
(Mar 21 2016, 05:29 PM)taraN Wrote: You need to forward your ports in order for it to be online.

ok i will give it a try when i get my next day off and see how it goes, and for the port forwarding, i can log into my router and locate the port forwarding tab and port forwarding range tab but im not sure exactley what to change on them. i know what ports the server needs to have open for the net i just not 100% on how to enter them into the router configuration. i kinda almost need a step by step for the port issue and some more specified guidance on the plugin issues. if i can ill try and get a screen shot when i can! thanks tho for your info ill keep you guys up with it and see how it goes if it works or have any luck at all. thank you very much tho again and if anyone of you may know how and have more detailed info on what to do i would gladly take it!
-FUBAR

It depends what router you have when you're port forwarding since it's different for each router. I used to have a Linksys when I set mine up and just googled "Linksys port forwarding for css server" and found my exact router and step by step answer. Check it out with your router.