Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament V2
(Mar 02 2017, 05:17 AM)Ben- Wrote:
(Mar 01 2017, 09:23 PM)blackknight Wrote: Hey why top RWS for Captains?

Since we know who the leaders are why not whoever organizes the tourney have a dialogue about who they think would be the best captains?

And teams, why not let whoever wants to play in, and sit down together and figure out some fair teams? 

Like yeah, people wanna play with friends, I don't see why we couldn't do that and maintain balance.

Of course the higher end players would have to play apart,  like I'm thinking of Ghoul and Bill they need to be captains if they're gonna play and they can't be on the same team that's ridiculous.

TLDR : Im proposing to make 2 big tournaments (classic) per year and a smaller ones (drafts) in between.

Depending on what we want to do as a community, if we want more people to participate, or wanna copy paste esea, or if we want small events now and then, we need to decide on a or multiple formats.

Personally 2 or 3 big classic tournament a year, with prize pot and else, would be great. 1 Mini-tournament (This 1) in between the big ones, where everybody got to play and know each other could be nice too.

Top Rws players as cap, also means every team (players) got a chance to win vs all good players go together and 1-3 teams got a chance to win.

Last tournament top4 = 4 highest rws teams overall, top8 = 7 highest rws teams overall. If RWS isn't somewhat redistributed a lot of players won't even participate because TEAM AAA, AAA and AA, are the only ones with chances to win the whole thing.

Sadly i cant say here is the top20 rws during last tournament and point out how obviously high rws players were almost a guaranteed top8-4, well top5 for rws was : (Me, Loopz, billnose, ghoul, Taylor Swift) = guess which teams were in the Finale ?

That's just my 2cent in broken english, an other solution i thought about was to make 2 tournament, main (or restricted) and open for people who just wanna have fun, so we could separate the serious teams (and ex-league) from the rest. But that wouldn't work currently cause most good players arent active or stopped playing.

Or we could make a classic tournament, but where good teams would break off on purpose and not play with who they want, which would suck for them.

If you want to make this more inclusive then you could just allow people to join a huge pool of players (no teams yet) and then draft captains from the top 50% of RWS players (this excludes shitties) and then allow the captains to take turns choosing players from the pool (obviously in a circular fashion --- ex. 1st cap, 2nd cap, 3rd, 4th, then back to 1 etc). This would allow players to choose their own friends and also allow for an interesting strategic dynamic of disrupting team compositions. The only issue is that they could ghost using 3rd party software, which would mean a stricter admin overwatch. Obviously the drawing will be made publicly so that no behind the scenes work goes on.

On another hand, if you look at the tournament format you can see that most actual tournaments have players of relatively similar rws together, but this community is so small that it is noticeably polarized. There are to many shit players, and too little good players. The fact is that tournaments like this for small communities will never really be balanced, there will always be that team or two that has odds of winning.

If you enter as a team - problem occurs that the teams will be noticeably polarized.
If you enter as an individual and do captains draft, like I mentioned - problem happens that if someone doesn't like someone else on the team they will whine or not play, which would lead to a high drop out rate.

In this case there is no "happy medium", most "ex league" players are too stuck in the past to want to enjoy playing the game with someone that is not good. they will complain continuously and the game will eventually not be fun. The same goes for several things in the real world, for example you have a really nice friend and he wants to play with you in a game at the park but you know hes not a good player so you decide to keep him out. Same thing here, if you want to please every little kid here, you will never have a real tournament. You either keep the really good players out or you keep the really bad players out. In the end it wont matter since there are such few a players that can even be considered ex-league.

Its pathetic to see you try to find a happy medium with these people, because it shows you haven't noticed that a "good tournament" will never happen here.

If you choose to continue finding a way, know that in any case you take, there will always be people that complain, about their teams or other teams or team setup, or game bracket or number of teams or number of games etc.

Good luck
"Its pathetic to see you try to find a happy medium with these people, because it shows you haven't noticed that a "good tournament" will never happen here."

That's my bwoy Reckless Heart

If you havent noticed, my proposition = 2 classic tournament, mini tournaments in between.

Meaning, 2 real tournament and 2 have fun event. It's not a "happy medium", otherwise classic tournament would be off the table Exclamation
(Mar 02 2017, 05:17 AM)Ben- Wrote:
(Mar 01 2017, 09:23 PM)blackknight Wrote: Hey why top RWS for Captains?

Since we know who the leaders are why not whoever organizes the tourney have a dialogue about who they think would be the best captains?

And teams, why not let whoever wants to play in, and sit down together and figure out some fair teams? 

Like yeah, people wanna play with friends, I don't see why we couldn't do that and maintain balance.

Of course the higher end players would have to play apart,  like I'm thinking of Ghoul and Bill they need to be captains if they're gonna play and they can't be on the same team that's ridiculous.

TLDR : Im proposing to make 2 big tournaments (classic) per year and a smaller ones (drafts) in between.

Depending on what we want to do as a community, if we want more people to participate, or wanna copy paste esea, or if we want small events now and then, we need to decide on a or multiple formats.

Personally 2 or 3 big classic tournament a year, with prize pot and else, would be great. 1 Mini-tournament (This 1) in between the big ones, where everybody got to play and know each other could be nice too.

Top Rws players as cap, also means every team (players) got a chance to win vs all good players go together and 1-3 teams got a chance to win.

Last tournament top4 = 4 highest rws teams overall, top8 = 7 highest rws teams overall. If RWS isn't somewhat redistributed a lot of players won't even participate because TEAM AAA, AAA and AA, are the only ones with chances to win the whole thing.

Sadly i cant say here is the top20 rws during last tournament and point out how obviously high rws players were almost a guaranteed top8-4, well top5 for rws was : (Me, Loopz, billnose, ghoul, Taylor Swift) = guess which teams were in the Finale ?

That's just my 2cent in broken english, an other solution i thought about was to make 2 tournament, main (or restricted) and open for people who just wanna have fun, so we could separate the serious teams (and ex-league) from the rest. But that wouldn't work currently cause most good players arent active or stopped playing.

Or we could make a classic tournament, but where good teams would break off on purpose and not play with who they want, which would suck for them.

I dont know how active the community is on Saturday afternoon / nights but maybe you can run something similar to SourceDraft back in the old days. People show up in mumble/TS/ventrilo and then you just pic captains and draft players that are in voip. If enough show you can maybe do 4 teams for now until it builds otherwise we can do a 10man. Either way that may be fun
Big Grin
(Mar 02 2017, 10:44 PM)Ben- Wrote: "Its pathetic to see you try to find a happy medium with these people, because it shows you haven't noticed that a "good tournament" will never happen here."

That's my bwoy Reckless  Heart

If you havent noticed, my proposition = 2 classic tournament, mini tournaments in between.

Meaning, 2 real tournament and 2 have fun event. It's not a "happy medium", otherwise classic tournament would be off the table  Exclamation

Im saying the community is too small to have a normal classic tournament. the teams are so polarized that people will eventually no longer want to participate in the tournament. AKA what happened the first time. numerous complaints about "the only teams that have a chance". There was even a post about this.
(Mar 02 2017, 11:56 PM)RealRecklezz Wrote:
(Mar 02 2017, 10:44 PM)Ben- Wrote: "Its pathetic to see you try to find a happy medium with these people, because it shows you haven't noticed that a "good tournament" will never happen here."

Meaning, 2 real tournament and 2 have fun event. It's not a "happy medium", otherwise classic tournament would be off the table  Exclamation

Im saying the community is too small to have a normal classic tournament. the teams are so polarized that people will eventually no longer want to participate in the tournament. AKA what happened the first time. numerous complaints about "the only teams that have a chance". There was even a post about this.

I've got to disagree, if given a longer time to register, we could get a fair amount of decent teams.

Most players didnt know their was a tournament last time, and in under a few days, we had over 16 teams ready, with backups.

+ We didn't try to tap in ex-source players that are playing go atm.

+ I bet we could get 2-3 (or more) french canadian teams, if we wanted in the tournament, from csgo or css.

+ If it was decently publicized in the servers, easily 4-5 more teams could of registered, what was missing wasn't the players, but players who created their own teams, just go watch the free agent thread and how many people had issues finding teams, instead of founding 1.

+ A lot of our current top RWS players didnt or couldnt participate, or didnt know a tournament was going on , Phoenix, taraN, shotgun, GiB- to give a few names.

And finally, there was nearly none below 9-10 rws participating, which is the bulk of wl population (i do not advocate to bring em in), but if we had a open tournament and a restricted one, we could easily get 5-10 more teams from em.
(Mar 03 2017, 12:16 AM)Ben- Wrote:
(Mar 02 2017, 11:56 PM)RealRecklezz Wrote:

I've got to disagree, if given a longer time to register, we could get a fair amount of decent teams.

Most players didnt know their was a tournament last time, and in under a few days, we had over 16 teams ready, with backups.

+ We didn't try to tap in ex-source players that are playing go atm.

+ I bet we could get 2-3 (or more) french canadian teams, if we wanted in the tournament, from csgo or css.

+ If it was decently publicized in the servers, easily 4-5 more teams could of registered, what was missing wasn't the players, but players who created their own teams, just go watch the free agent thread and how many people had issues finding teams, instead of founding 1.

+ A lot of our current top RWS players didnt or couldnt participate, or didnt know a tournament was going on , Phoenix, taraN, shotgun, GiB- to give a few names.

And finally, there was nearly none below 9-10 rws participating, which is the bulk of wl population (i do not advocate to bring em in), but if we had a open tournament and a restricted one, we could easily get 5-10 more teams from em.

Interesting proposal, You would have to make sure the dates for the tournament were set enough in the future to allow this because if someone signs up and the tournament moves dates, he/she might not want to play anymore. If extending the registration time helps to reel more players with similar rws, I say why not. Some players from last tournament no longer want to participate but if there are new people then try it out, but you got to make it good enough so that the players that played in tourney v2 dont get discouraged and increase the pool of players that dont wanna play. If you think the guys you are talking about even want to play in the tourney then include them, but people like kamy said they didnt even have an interest in tournaments, you should start a poll and figure it out from there.

I like bills idea. btw.
i would visit all the other servers, and post on their forums. i'm sure other individual players will join to show off their skills.
(Mar 03 2017, 12:44 AM)_nme Wrote: i would visit all the other servers, and post on their forums. i'm sure other individual players will join to show off their skills.

Doubtful, its CS SOURCE, this game houses 40 year old losers, with nothing but time to waste yet have a feeling on irresponsibility. It houses ex pros that live in the past and would only talk shit and not play. Kids who are too excited but will never do it because their parents, EU players, which is a problem in and of itself. Gun game only players, deathrun players, bhopers, wallers, aimbotters, triggerbotters. This game hones by far the most disgusting form of lunacy I have ever seen.

In other words, do it ma boi this tourney gon be cray mane.
(Mar 03 2017, 01:12 AM)RealRecklezz Wrote:
(Mar 03 2017, 12:44 AM)_nme Wrote: i would visit all the other servers, and post on their forums. i'm sure other individual players will join to show off their skills.

Doubtful, its CS SOURCE, this game houses 40 year old losers, with nothing but time to waste yet have a feeling on irresponsibility. It houses ex pros that live in the past and would only talk shit and not play. Kids who are too excited but will never do it because their parents, EU players, which is a problem in and of itself. Gun game only players, deathrun players, bhopers, wallers, aimbotters, triggerbotters. This game hones by far the most disgusting form of lunacy I have ever seen.

'the most disgusting form of lunacy' you ?
(Mar 03 2017, 01:43 AM)Ben- Wrote:
(Mar 03 2017, 01:12 AM)RealRecklezz Wrote:

'the most disgusting form of lunacy' you ?

Yea i was thinking that as well while I wrote it, so I guess CSS is second most disgusting form.