Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War Heroes/ courage
Hey I watcged hacksaw ridge and came to googling and found this website with MoH recipients and their stories. Really cool. This one stood out, I think he was a hero.

http://ameddregiment.amedd.army.mil/moh/...lomon.html

I have trouble discerning, I know 2 men could do the same thing, like rush out under fire to save a friend with different motivations. One does it for some type of personal gain (group acceptance, to be loved, respected, valued) and one does it out of love.
(Mar 01 2017, 09:00 PM)blackknight Wrote: Hey I watcged hacksaw ridge and came to googling and found this website with MoH recipients and their stories. Really cool. This one stood out, I think he was a hero.

I have trouble discerning, I know 2 men could do the same thing, like rush out under fire to save a friend with different motivations. One does it for some type of personal gain (group acceptance, to be loved, respected, valued) and one does it out of love.

I found love to be a time-waster and at certain times, a dangerous thing. The MoH means nothing if you cant maintain your own personal honor, integrity, loyalty and devotion to being who you are. If you go and tell someone something about someone else that you wouldn't otherwise say to their face, then are you even really a man? I have extremely strong convictions that bleed into daily life and are very noticeable, despite my attempts to hide them (I'm talking about honor, NOT racism).

I dont know if this is a statement or if its a question, but it doesn't matter.

If you want to go deeper into the term war heros, do you think they consider themselves heros? If they do doesnt that mean that they were searching for the vindication of being a hero? were they looking for a chance to be recognized? Did they do it because it upheld their meaning of honor? All questions come into play. Being a hero and having courage are two different things. You could be a coward, but still manage to be a hero to someone who needs it.

On another topic, how was the movie? was it worth watching?
(Mar 02 2017, 01:17 AM)RealRecklezz Wrote:
(Mar 01 2017, 09:00 PM)blackknight Wrote: Hey I watcged hacksaw ridge and came to googling and found this website with MoH recipients and their stories. Really cool. This one stood out, I think he was a hero.

I found love to be a time-waster and at certain times, a dangerous thing. The MoH means nothing if you cant maintain your own personal honor, integrity, loyalty and devotion to being who you are. If you go and tell someone something about someone else that you wouldn't otherwise say to their face, then are you even really a man? I have extremely strong convictions that bleed into daily life and are very noticeable, despite my attempts to hide them (I'm talking about honor, NOT racism).

I dont know if this is a statement or if its a question, but it doesn't matter.

If you want to go deeper into the term war heros, do you think they consider themselves heros? If they do doesnt that mean that they were searching for the vindication of being a hero? were they looking for a chance to be recognized? Did they do it because it upheld their meaning of honor? All questions come into play. Being a hero and having courage are two different things. You could be a coward, but still manage to be a hero to someone who needs it.

On another topic, how was the movie? was it worth watching?

It was awesome. Not as good as the real story, Mel Gibson and Co felt they had to leave some parts out to make it more believable.

As for your questions, ya, that's what I'm saying. Until I know what is in the man's heart I cannot deem his action evil or good.

To your comment on love, my bad for speaking generally. Please allow me to explain.

Eros refers to "passionate love" or romantic love; 

storgeto familial love; 

philia to friendship as a kind of love; 

and agape refers to "selfless love", or "charity" 

I meant the last one. Agape love.