Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Flashboosting in Inferno_pro
There were 2 players flashboosting in inferno_pro. Their names were "Tom" and "bobcat". Bobcat got at start, a 7day ban which was later reduced to 3days ban because apparently he had previous offenses. Now Tom, got only 1 hour ban which was set to expired from the moment it was put. Both bans were given for griefing. They flashboosted on top of the map from preround to round 15 from terrorist side, until halftime. I believe a bigger punishment(or one at least, not expired from start) should be given to Tom.
Direct link: http://servers.war-lords.net/pugs/54227/download

EDIT:They continued to try from half before it starts to even ct side. And, I don't think griefing should be taken this lightly, and in the case of tom, who actually got no punishment, sounds like favoritism to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kostaslgr7's post:
   Deadplanet
(Mar 12 2017, 11:34 PM)kostaslgr7 Wrote: There were 2 players flashboosting in inferno_pro.
Flashboosting is fine.

(Mar 12 2017, 11:34 PM)kostaslgr7 Wrote: Both bans were given for griefing.
Tom and bobcat were banned for not following objectives. They continued boosting in B site while bomb was planted A.

(Mar 12 2017, 11:34 PM)kostaslgr7 Wrote: Bobcat got [...] 3days ban. Tom, got only 1 hour [...] sounds like favoritism to me.
bobcat's ban is longer because he bhopped at shift walk speeds during other rotates to bomb site.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I have been really busy lately.Let's start, shall we?
(Mar 13 2017, 12:54 AM)M. Bison Wrote: Flashboosting is fine.
Flashboosting is a bug or glitch in the game. How is it allowed?

(Mar 13 2017, 12:54 AM)M. Bison Wrote: Tom and bobcat were banned for not following objectives. They continued boosting in B site while bomb was planted A.
The actual reasons for the bans in the bans list page is griefing as the original ban was. And fair enough, you can ban them for not following the objective as it is stated in the rules.

(Mar 13 2017, 12:54 AM)M. Bison Wrote: bobcat's ban is longer because he bhopped at shift walk speeds during other rotates to bomb site.
I still don't get one thing. In your rules you state "Exploiting the server, game, or map (e.g., causing server lag or crashes, using transparent materials, or breaking the map)." If you don't count a bug/glitch in the game as one, ok. But do you understand that by abusing that bug they are breaking the map? Because I doubt you understood what an unfair advantage it gave to them. I am gonna show you a clip
Now lastly, watch this video, and how can you explain your saying that is allowed?
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHeLLGRBhAI
Some spots were made with flashboosting in mind (Contra A spot) those are fine, but seeing through walls/roof tops and sky walking .... shoudn't be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben-'s post:
   Fireball
It's not possible to walk much further on the roofs beyond the center T area. That spot doesn't offer much advantage over the T heaven/ladder area other than seeing into banana. This ranks quite low in terms of other illegal/abusive spots in league since it's quite exposed and it's only effective against aggressive CT players. The more notorious spots don't even require flash boosting. The spot above T connector on de_train, normal boosting into short skybox from the bridge on de_tuscan, and the more common legal ones like sitting above ramp entrance on de_nuke, boosted gate A site or in site B site on de_inferno, etc.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I mean, if you don't classify that as breaking the map. I don't know anymore. Because if you do, then your rules state it is punishable. And you tell me you ban for not following objective but not for skywalking on the map?
(Mar 26 2017, 08:45 PM)kostaslgr7 Wrote: I mean, if you don't classify that as breaking the map. I don't know anymore. Because if you do, then your rules state it is punishable. And you tell me you ban for not following objective but not for skywalking on the map?

Confusions like these would be avoided if a comprehensive list was made for us puggers to read and abide by! (or not abide by Tongue  )
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.