Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a captain picks a troll map no one wants to play, there should be a veto option, so half of a pug won't complain, leave, and it can go to a vote. Half the captains just troll the captains round anyway so they can win and ruin pugs, and these new gungame maps with absolute no structure do not help.
Vote for map vote if you want a vote on maps!
[-] The following 1 user Likes M. Bison's post:
   QueenCrazy
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
(Jul 04 2017, 09:49 PM)sift Wrote: When a captain picks a troll map no one wants to play, there should be a veto option, so half of a pug won't complain, leave, and it can go to a vote. Half the captains just troll the captains round anyway so they can win and ruin pugs, and these new gungame maps with absolute no structure do not help.

I like the recent addition of these maps. It keeps everyone nimble when it comes to captains round.

The veto thing is a great idea. Only thing is, we're here to play pugs, not play captains round all day until you win.

villa is a pretty decent map IMO. I like cevo hazard even though I don't know it very well yet. I have yet to play the ballast map.

Can't really think of any other maps that nobody wants to play, and even the maps i did list, well somebody wants to play them if they're chosen,,, which sorta invalidates your argument.

To strengthen the appeal of the things you are proposing, you should back up them up with at the very least less outlandish claims. Say, "virtually no one ," and, "almost half," and, "almost half," and, "pretty much no structure." Best case would be to create a survey w/ like google or survey monkey or w/e and get some hard numbers demonstrating ur point
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
(Jul 05 2017, 07:34 AM)Jesse_Watters Wrote:
(Jul 04 2017, 09:49 PM)sift Wrote: When a captain picks a troll map no one wants to play, there should be a veto option, so half of a pug won't complain, leave, and it can go to a vote. Half the captains just troll the captains round anyway so they can win and ruin pugs, and these new gungame maps with absolute no structure do not help.

I like the recent addition of these maps. It keeps everyone nimble when it comes to captains round.

The veto thing is a great idea. Only thing is, we're here to play pugs, not play captains round all day until you win.

villa is a pretty decent map IMO. I like cevo hazard even though I don't know it very well yet. I have yet to play the ballast map.

Can't really think of any other maps that nobody wants to play, and even the maps i did list, well somebody wants to play them if they're chosen,,, which sorta invalidates your argument.

To strengthen the appeal of the things you are proposing, you should back up them up with at the very least less outlandish claims. Say, "virtually no one      ," and, "almost half," and, "almost half," and, "pretty much no structure." Best case would be to create a survey w/ like google or survey monkey or w/e and get some hard numbers demonstrating ur point

jesses blabber totally missing the point

some of the gungame maps you spawn practically next to an enemy...no structure

you can hide on some of these maps like a troll and you become captain for doing nothing even when there is a plugin that tries to prevent that

cbble was taken off because no one wanted to ever play it, but someone would pick it. the veto would prevent ever going to it, and then forcing another pick. no need for another captains round or to change the captains, or lose captains round at all, but force another map pick by the captain thats more agreeable so people wont leave

the veto would prevent having unfair teams because people want to leave a map they never wanted to play. remember when there wasnt a captains round because of the map trolling?

its not about disliking cevo hazard, lost temple, villa, fire, cbble, etc (all of which i do enjoy), but about keeping the consistency in a 5v5 and not having it become a .sub fest

more often than not people will leave when those are chosen. teams get unbalanced and makes the pug not fun again. there are times people do want to play those maps and thats fine, but when most do not this would give the pug a chance of surviving with the original 10

if people dont want to play d2,nuke,strike for the millionth time they can veto to try and force another pick of a more agreeable map

people will leave when something they do not want is chosen. teams get unbalanced and makes the pug not fun again

not everyone is going to always agree with the choice, but this could help

and remember this is just an idea to try and help make the pugs better...try and help out in that way jesse
[-] The following 1 user Likes sift's post:
   Jesse W.
In my head :

Option 1 : Map should always be a vote, always, captain would have the option to pick side, problem solved.
Option 2 : Get rid of the shit map, 90% of people dont like or that are broken (eg : de_inferno_pro).
Option 3 : Spec out when it happens, if you got enough people pissed off, it will restart (basicly a veto).
Option 4 : Play on the 10 rws server or the private ones, and get some friends instead of randoms to play !
[-] The following 2 users Like Ben-'s post:
   Jesse W., sift
(Jul 05 2017, 10:03 PM)Ben- Wrote: In my head :

Option 1 : Map should always be a vote, always, captain would have the option to pick side, problem solved.
Option 2 : Get rid of the shit map, 90% of people dont like or that are broken (eg : de_inferno_pro).
Option 3 : Spec out when it happens, if you got enough people pissed off, it will restart (basicly a veto).
Option 4 : Play on the 10 rws server or the private ones, and get some friends instead of randoms to play !

I really like the first option
The second option I feel like is good but there still might be people who like them or people will want to change it up but I don't know :p
The third option when people usually do that it just pisses me off x)
and 4th option is also good ^_^

But for the most part I definitely like that first option and would really like for it to happen since people will definitely complain less if we had it that way.
[-] The following 2 users Like QueenCrazy's post:
   sift, Spiderfreak
Hi Big Grin
-Crazy
(Jul 06 2017, 07:11 AM)QueenCrazy Wrote:
(Jul 05 2017, 10:03 PM)Ben- Wrote: In my head :

I really like the first option
The second option I feel like is good but there still might be people who like them or people will want to change it up but I don't know :p
The third option when people usually do that it just pisses me off x)
and 4th option is also good ^_^

But for the most part I definitely like that first option and would really like for it to happen since people will definitely complain less if we had it that way.

first is the worst

2nd is nearly as bad. i like inferno pro (more than regular inferno, actually) to the point that it did not even cross my mind as "one of those" shitty maps. maaybe brawl= ashing

3rd, too true. i see people regularly stop pugging for the day or least for a few hours after people spec out back to warmup. I think these people leave the servers when this happens more as a matter of principle. "If you all spec out, I'm leaving," constantly threatened, many if not most do follow thru with it... which has me thinking that a !veto sort of thing would be better. earlier, though , when ben wrote "basically a veto," i thought to myself, hm, yea, he is right, specing out is equivalent to this and therefore implementing the !veto thing is not necessary because what is accompljshed is the same.

but your post shows one of the differences and i wonder if a veto command would alleviate peoples frustrations with going back to warmup.

another difference- specing out to go back to warmup, if there are any subs, complicates things. at the same time, going against what the captains choose isn't exactly the type of thing taht should be encouragedby making a method to retaliate w/o risking losing ur spot. but alas i guess if some amount of people choose to retaliate, then it is "acceptable." 

4th option- 10 4ws server is dead , has been dead for a while now 

again i lost track of where i was typing and the 2-4final notes i wanted to make
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
(Jul 05 2017, 09:56 PM)sift Wrote:
(Jul 05 2017, 07:34 AM)Jesse_Watters Wrote:

To strengthen the appeal of the things you are proposing, you should back up them up with at the very least less outlandish claims. Say, "virtually no one      ," and, "almost half," and, "almost half," and, "pretty much no structure." Best case would be to create a survey w/ like google or survey monkey or w/e and get some hard numbers demonstrating ur point

jesses blabber totally missing the point

some of the gungame maps you spawn practically next to an enemy...no structure

you can hide on some of these maps like a troll and you become captain for doing nothing even when there is a plugin that tries to prevent that

cbble was taken off because no one wanted to ever play it, but someone would pick it. the veto would prevent ever going to it, and then forcing another pick. no need for another captains round or to change the captains, or lose captains round at all, but force another map pick by the captain thats more agreeable so people wont leave

the veto would prevent having unfair teams because people want to leave a map they never wanted to play. remember when there wasnt a captains round because of the map trolling?

its not about disliking cevo hazard, lost temple, villa, fire, cbble, etc (all of which i do enjoy), but about keeping the consistency in a 5v5 and not having it become a .sub fest

more often than not people will leave when those are chosen. teams get unbalanced and makes the pug not fun again. there are times people do want to play those maps and thats fine, but when most do not this would give the pug a chance of surviving with the original 10

if people dont want to play d2,nuke,strike for the millionth time they can veto to try and force another pick of a more agreeable map

people will leave when something they do not want is chosen. teams get unbalanced and makes the pug not fun again

not everyone is going to always agree with the choice, but this could help

and remember this is just an idea to try and help make the pugs better...try and help out in that way jesse

i agree with some of ur points
de_inferno_pro fcking dick map plz remove admins
[-] The following 1 user Likes y4bl0w!'s post:
   CaliSnipe
the only thing with specing out is losing your spot, or killing a pug

the only map that should actually be unavailable is inferno pro since it is missing textures