Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server lag limitations
Any chance of putting a lag limitation of some sort on the server?

While I understand some folks lag here and there, it's annoying when some can run around the entire time fragging, while we get 0 reg on them the whole time.  There are servers better suited for them to play on where this would not be an issue, and maybe end some of the silliness.  Not hating on the eu/asia guys, it just makes the pugs lame when this happens.
(Aug 31 2017, 07:16 PM)tardbus Wrote: Any chance of putting a lag limitation of some sort on the server?

While I understand some folks lag here and there, it's annoying when some can run around the entire time fragging, while we get 0 reg on them the whole time.  There are servers better suited for them to play on where this would not be an issue, and maybe end some of the silliness.  Not hating on the eu/asia guys, it just makes the pugs lame when this happens.

idk about this, if they are 100-150 ping they are easily hittable and the lag isnt anoying.

And if they are higher its limit playable for them (except for awping at mid/long range). I am experimenting it on Asia atm at around 230-240 ping.

+ Without the asians/euros/n.a players being able to play on whatever server they want, all pugs are going to start later in the day and end sooner in the night. Since most late and soon pugs are fulled with other regions players.

Also, 1 of the reason there is much more europeans in n.a now is quite simple, euro pugs are dead and mostly without admins (only Drago left). And like previously mentionned 100 ping is very playable.

Lastly i do not think it's a big issue or a big advantage for the players to have high pings, if it was the case, the asian team who participated in the winter tournament would of done far better, since they were all with "asian armor" and similar rws. I think they ended 14th on 16 teams (1 DQ, 16th and NBK, 15th).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben-'s post:
   Crusader
what about 250 ping+?

since you're denying his request based on his ping range.
(Sep 01 2017, 05:07 AM)_nme Wrote: what about 250 ping+?

since you're denying his request based on his ping range.

thats already kicked Tongue

I played Asia with 220 to 240 ping, but when it went up over 245-250 i had kick incoming warnings xD

Or maybe it was 300. If it was the case maybe caping it to 250 would be more reasonable !
(Aug 31 2017, 07:16 PM)tardbus Wrote: Any chance of putting a lag limitation of some sort on the server?

There is already a system in place for this. I believe it kicks at 250 ping if not its 300 for sure. You may have encountered a player that might have been just under the cusp of this limit and therefore had to deal with his lag and we apologize, but rest assured we have a system in place.
Yeah, not too worried just makes the game kinda lame when ya can't hit folks. Figured can't beat em i'll join em, so went on some Asian servers and gave em a good romping with kobe, their bitching and whining was enough to make me smile again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tardbus's post:
   Ben-
(Sep 04 2017, 04:52 AM)tardbus Wrote: Yeah, not too worried just makes the game kinda lame when ya can't hit folks. Figured can't beat em i'll join em, so went on some Asian servers and gave em a good romping with kobe, their bitching and whining was enough to make me smile again.

this is why north korea has nukes