Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next NA Tournament?
It is easy to point fingers to the person who organizes the tournaments; however, that only discourages people from wanting to step up and organize future events. It will always be "controlled chaos," given that the game's lacks competitive relevance. 

Ben/250 just wanted to give game-play opportunities to the maximum amount of people possible -- which allowed for a greater margin of error when it came to people committing to participate. All matches could be played with a sufficient number of subs, but then you run the chance of having 2-3 teams worth of players just sitting, who could have participated. It is a difficult balance. 

Perhaps we could have a "Map of the Week" mini-tourney. Any teams that want to assemble and meet at set time can duke it out. We may only have 3-4 teams at first, but perhaps the interest will grow into something more substantial.

Just my two cents...
(Oct 01 2017, 06:05 AM)helmut^ Wrote: Make sure you get Ben to call it a tournament though or you'll have issues later on.

Make sure you show up, then lose, then rq, then call ghoul a cheater, then bitch on the forums, then deny deny deny and stuff like that
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bill Nose's post:
   Crusader
Big Grin
(Oct 02 2017, 11:24 PM)Bill Nose Wrote:
(Oct 01 2017, 06:05 AM)helmut^ Wrote: Make sure you get Ben to call it a tournament though or you'll have issues later on.

Make sure you show up, then lose, then rq, then call ghoul a cheater, then bitch on the forums, then deny deny deny and stuff like that

"Let's please keep this thread civil and not going towards the flame section as I can see where this is starting to go, thank you." - Calisnipe
[-] The following 3 users Like Spiderfreak's post:
   Caillou, CaliSnipe, QueenCrazy

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianRepleteKathyBrainSlug
[Image: 2lu7534.jpg]
So how many teams will there be, are you guys setting it up like last time, are there going to be registered teams or picks? A bracket would be cool but a round robin would probably be better.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(Oct 11 2017, 11:21 PM)Caillou Wrote: So how many teams will there be, are you guys setting it up like last time, are there going to be registered teams or picks? A bracket would be cool but a round robin would probably be better.

well no1 wants to do the dirty work, bison is off his pc since a couple weeks and im full time pubg, i dont see any reasons for me to organize one when i aint even playing the game anymore =S

So either you guys step up and make 1 at your taste with the wl private servers (just ask Riser since Bison is M.I.A).

Or go play somewhere else that i cant say the name, i heard they organized a few for members only (sadly).

Or swap to pubg, every freaking game is basicly a tournament (25 x 4 players, last alive wins).

Or King of the hill which is basicly the same game (or any other of the same genre).

Or whatever else !
(Oct 11 2017, 11:31 PM)Ben- Wrote:
(Oct 11 2017, 11:21 PM)Caillou Wrote: So how many teams will there be, are you guys setting it up like last time, are there going to be registered teams or picks? A bracket would be cool but a round robin would probably be better.

well no1 wants to do the dirty work, bison is off his pc since a couple weeks and im full time pubg, i dont see any reasons for me to organize one when i aint even playing the game anymore =S

So either you guys step up and make 1 at your taste with the wl private servers (just ask Riser since Bison is M.I.A).

Or go play somewhere else that i cant say the name, i heard they organized a few for members only (sadly).

Or swap to pubg, every freaking game is basicly a tournament (25 x 4 players, last alive wins).

Or King of the hill which is basicly the same game (or any other of the same genre).

Or whatever else !

I may be able to look into this and set out the barebones and guidelines this weekend, depending on the demand and amount of players interested. It will most likely be in a round robin setup with registered teams. Not sure about placing awards because I don't know how it worked out last time but worst comes to worst, we'll pull some donations for a prize or just have it for fun and bragging rights.
(Oct 12 2017, 01:07 AM)Caillou Wrote:
(Oct 11 2017, 11:31 PM)Ben- Wrote:

Or whatever else !

I may be able to look into this and set out the barebones and guidelines this weekend, depending on the demand and amount of players interested.  It will most likely be in a round robin setup with registered teams.  Not sure about placing awards because I don't know how it worked out last time but worst comes to worst, we'll pull some donations for a prize or just have it for fun and bragging rights.

Just a heads up, donations for price mostly doesnt work. First tournament we had 6 people who donated total for the prize pot (thats including bison because he gave donator status to winners) and like 0 outside of me and bison (same reason) for the other 1's .

Either set up a donation fee to enter (like it was previously planned for the next 1's) to see if it works or dont make any prices (and let it free to enter).

Dont forget to contact Riser which is the only route online in the last weeks for the servers !
So I just did some work with the tournament and all I need is a list of teams that want to play. This helps me set up the tournament and determines whether or not I need to put in things like bye-weeks/days/games
(Oct 12 2017, 01:41 AM)Caillou Wrote: So I just did some work with the tournament and all I need is a list of teams that want to play.  This helps me set up the tournament and determines whether or not I need to put in things like bye-weeks/days/games

then make a thread to "register" with poll for "preferences" on it, worked last times we did that