Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fragmovie, all from WL Servers.
(Dec 31 2017, 09:40 PM)Ben- Wrote:
(Dec 29 2017, 06:31 PM)strident Wrote: Tell me how you like it, it took a long time to make.

Tell me if it needs more editing, less editing, more effects, less effects, all of that.

Ask me anything you want to know about this video.

(watch till' the very end theres a special treat)

----------------------Constructive critique----------------------

- This is a fragmovie, focus of the movie should be the frags, you should cut all the bhops you do after you kill everyone, it weakens the movie pacing and its confusing, because sometimes you actually kill more people while bhoping.

- Restrain editing the frags to a minimum, they should be impressive on their own to be in a fragmovie, cut only for time saving purposes !

Rule of thumb 1 :

2 cuts : Only for 5 kills impressive enough (in competitions, or in 1vs4/5)
1 cut : Only for 4 or 5k again impressive enough or in clutch situation

If you need more then that, it means they are not impressive enough to figure in your movie and if the editing isnt perfectly done people will bitch about that frag in particular (go see popular fragmovies from back in the day, comment sections are full of these xD).

- Do not include 1k, 2k, 3k's except if they are something you wouldnt see in a 4 or 5k. Why ? Because they feel like the cheaper versions of a cooler thing and because they need again to be impressive enough to compete with the rest of the movie frags.

Rule of thumb 2 :

Clean flicks, Clean no scopes, multikills, jumping/falling kills, extremely far kill(s) and/or extremely fast kills or any combinations of these categories IN

Spraydowns, spammings, AWP kills (except no scopes/multikills), random taping + everything else you see in 4/5ks OUT

- For when it comes to music, maybe a little more sync with the kills, rest depends on the taste of your viewers, personally i never disliked fragmovies because of the music types, but people generally do. So watch out for that.

---------------------------- Tips -------------------------------
- You might wanna try GeForce Experience (or something similar) for your recording, it save a shit ton of times compared to the old Startmovie BS.

- Try making a movie staring different types of players, it will be a lot easier to achieve a balance of frag styles when editing.

Rule of thumb 3 :

At least an awper, a rifler, a deagler  and an hybrid (5 players +).

- Try contacting players (personally or by making a threads) that you are searching for frags to showcase, they will be more then happy to provide.

- Ask other movie editors like Deadie for tips on how to improve your content.

Have a good time on WL !

Thank you for the feedback!
I'll try to work on this.

(I do use geforce experience btw lol)

(Dec 31 2017, 09:40 PM)Ben- Wrote:
(Dec 29 2017, 06:31 PM)strident Wrote: Tell me how you like it, it took a long time to make.

Tell me if it needs more editing, less editing, more effects, less effects, all of that.

Ask me anything you want to know about this video.

(watch till' the very end theres a special treat)

----------------------Constructive critique----------------------

- This is a fragmovie, focus of the movie should be the frags, you should cut all the bhops you do after you kill everyone, it weakens the movie pacing and its confusing, because sometimes you actually kill more people while bhoping.

- Restrain editing the frags to a minimum, they should be impressive on their own to be in a fragmovie, cut only for time saving purposes !

Rule of thumb 1 :

2 cuts : Only for 5 kills impressive enough (in competitions, or in 1vs4/5)
1 cut : Only for 4 or 5k again impressive enough or in clutch situation

If you need more then that, it means they are not impressive enough to figure in your movie and if the editing isnt perfectly done people will bitch about that frag in particular (go see popular fragmovies from back in the day, comment sections are full of these xD).

- Do not include 1k, 2k, 3k's except if they are something you wouldnt see in a 4 or 5k. Why ? Because they feel like the cheaper versions of a cooler thing and because they need again to be impressive enough to compete with the rest of the movie frags.

Rule of thumb 2 :

Clean flicks, Clean no scopes, multikills, jumping/falling kills, extremely far kill(s) and/or extremely fast kills or any combinations of these categories IN

Spraydowns, spammings, AWP kills (except no scopes/multikills), random taping + everything else you see in 4/5ks OUT

- For when it comes to music, maybe a little more sync with the kills, rest depends on the taste of your viewers, personally i never disliked fragmovies because of the music types, but people generally do. So watch out for that.

---------------------------- Tips -------------------------------
- You might wanna try GeForce Experience (or something similar) for your recording, it save a shit ton of times compared to the old Startmovie BS.

- Try making a movie staring different types of players, it will be a lot easier to achieve a balance of frag styles when editing.

Rule of thumb 3 :

At least an awper, a rifler, a deagler  and an hybrid (5 players +).

- Try contacting players (personally or by making a threads) that you are searching for frags to showcase, they will be more then happy to provide.

- Ask other movie editors like Deadie for tips on how to improve your content.

Have a good time on WL !

This is a quality post, Ben!
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
You have a long way to go my friend.

nobody cares nextex, make your own frag movie thread.

"indifference is worse than hate"
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.